The Lake District.

T_Bone

Striker
What’s your favourite part of the Lakes ?
I love driving to Surprise View where I proposed and all of my family have been to. Love the drive through Borrowdale over Honister Pass.
Walking wise, Pavey Ark, the walk from Wast Water to Borrowdale.

Driving,as you come round the corner from Rydal and see Grasmere takes some beating.
Walking anywhere around Buttermere or the Langdales

I used to go to a caravan with my parents for a week every year on the south side of Ullswater. When I was 16 I started youth hosteling and I’ve done a lot of the lakes by youth hostel and tent.I fell in love with Borrowdale. Done a few of the Langdale peaks and before I was 20 I had done most of the named mountains like Helvellyn, Blencathra, Gt Gable, Sca Fell Pike, Sca Fell, Bow Fell, Pavey Ark many others.
I haven’t done any serious walking for years but love the area. As I say I love Borrowdale and am due a visit.
These days it ll be B and B or hotels. I once went on honeymoon with our friends to Keswick. ( RIP Gus, MLF)
It was their honeymoon and they insisted 👍

Last edited:
Parents rented a cottage in Grasmere from the 60s till the 90s.
we had most school holidays there and then I started to take my family and it was a great little village.
Went back a couple of years ago and its gone....been replaced with a few more rentals.
The lady who owned the plot died and her family sole the whole plot for a tidy sum.
Its great but sad as well

Spent a lot of time in Newlands valley as a kid , great place , much quieter than Borrowdale .

But anywhere in Borrowdale gets a yes from me

Ive parked at Ashness bridge , walked to Watendlath , down to Rosthwaite , over Castle crag , along to Lodore falls and back up to surprise view many a time .

Been threatened with divorce a few times doing that little walk.

Back