The Kent Mackem What Are You Doing This Weekend? Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturday: Panic about not being even remotely prepared to fly to New York on Monday.
Sunday: Train to London; head to Wembley; moan about the Picadilly line to Heathrow being closed.
Monday: Fly To New York, (hopefully a bit more prepared than on saturday).

Kew Gardens today. Currently sitting in The Cricketers just outside having a Peroni watching a film crew setting up for an episode of the upcoming "Gangs of London"

On nights tonight and tomorrow. Hope to get away early but will depend on staffing and circumstances. Home ,showered, and off to Heathrow area, sleeping in me Son's car en route. Hope to make Spoons in Harra for an hour or two .

Kew Gardens today. Currently sitting in The Cricketers just outside having a Peroni watching a film crew setting up for an episode of the upcoming "Gangs of London"

Enjoy marra :cool:

We're relying on you for weather updates mind :D

Fri - Travel back to Harrogate! Have a quiet one

Sat - out the tent up in preparation for Glastonbury

Sun - Train down to London, see the lads lose again and get the train home.

Leave 6.30 Sunday morning, my mate driving to Wakefield. Train at 9, O'Neill's for breakfast 11.30. Dump bags at Farringdon travelodge. Perhaps meet up with mates who are coaching down but not sure yet? If not stay at King's Cross for more beers O'Neill's / Euston Flyer etc.

Match

Back to King's Cross. Have a good session, perhaps some food, then hotel.

Return to Wakey on Monday, should be home for about 2PM.

Today, graft - no bosses in so going early. Walk the dog and maybe a sly pint of two by two IPA on way home. Hopefully the dog won't snitch!!

Saturday. 25th wedding anniversary party at west allotment social club. Suppose it will be a cheap night.

Sunday. not going to wembo so run in the morning, dog walked, going to my brothers to watch match as I live in whitley bay and every pub will be full of scumbags, be a nervous wreck until final whistle. Wife will pick me up and out in tynemouth on night..... if I can still speak

Tonight: If tummy gets better having fun with newest BC. Trying to put weight on.
Tomorrow: If the weather stays dry, allotment bound. Got three boxes of sprouting sugar peas to plant. May cut the grass, too. Trying to put weight on. Dye chesthair.
Sunday: Voting. Baking sausage rolls, eating the lot. Match on telly. Trying to put weight on.
Monday: Weekly weigh-in with nurse Puk, hoping to finally see an improvement on the scales.

All days: chilling, de-stressing, feet up, pipey smoking, newspaper reading, music listening, stuffing my face like a sinner, working on my SMB inspred next book, feeding ducks.

Whatever yous get up to this week-end, have a good one.

Last edited:
Quiet night tomorrow then up and away from Boldon early Sunday morning with my 2 eldest lads. Was supposed to be staying in Watford for @Barboza dh9 & @Daffy 's party but found out the other day I've still got pneumonia from February so change of plan and having a more relaxed evening around the hotel on Wembley Way then drive back Monday.

Saturday - Set off on drive to Northampton about 10am. Train to Euston for about 5-6pm. Bait , TS , then back on late train to Northampton.
Sunday - train back in for game and out afterwards.
Monday - drive home , hopefully with a throbbing head and happy memories :)

Satda night - Staying at a mates house in Ryhope to make it easier for getting the bus to Wembley at 5:30am on Sunday morning, from Park Lane.

Sunday - Meeting mates in a pub in London for pre match drinks/talk bollix.
At full time, will hopefully be celebrating after finally seeing the Lads win at Wembley and gaining promotion (please God)

Monday - (hopefully) will be still celebrating and nursing a hoarse and completely knackered voice.

HA'WAY THE LADS !

Last edited by a moderator:
How you doing the weekend?

Tomorrow: watch League two play off final

Sunday: drive to Peterborough, train to London, meet my brother, go to the match, hopefully partying in London, train back to Peterborough

Monday: visit Peterborough Cathedral and drive home to watch Championship play off final
Tomorrow building a gazebo, then round to friends for a couple of drinks and some bait.
Sunday morning, wiring in a water pump for my beloveds water feature, should be done by noon.
Sunday afternoon, footy on the telly and copious amounts of bitburger.
Sunday evening either celebrating or drowning me sorrows.
Monday. Ill

Get yourselves to Granny's Kitchen on Finkle St. for some lovely grub!:cool:
Just had to Google that then, I've walked past there so many times and only noticed it the last time we were there a month or 2 ago. Has it been there long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back