The Joplings Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well said that man.
There's a myth or a narrative that Newcastle is cool and so mindless sheep try to be cool by vicariously being part of that 'cool'.

There are some great places in Newcastle but I really wouldn't go out of my way to go there when everything I need can be had on my doorstep

Used to be Palmers Arcade in the days when Sunderland had buildings worth looking at.

Logon or register to see this image
In my opinion, Blandford Street is crying out to be an arcade

There's a myth or a narrative that Newcastle is cool and so mindless sheep try to be cool by vicariously being part of that 'cool'.

There are some great places in Newcastle but I really wouldn't go out of my way to go there when everything I need can be had on my doorstep

In my opinion, Blandford Street is crying out to be an arcade

The charity and pawnbroker shop capital of Britain Mate.

These are the plans (from skyscrapercity) to what the old store will be made into.

I am ower the moon that the absolute eyesore of the old Joplings store is going to be rennovated, it was by far one of the most horrible scenes in the city centre. Standing there waiting for the bus and looking at the decaying scenes behind me was depressing. It's a huge victory for sunderland city centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back