The Independent Commission For Equity In Cricket

Maybe me and my wife have but we'll stick with our view. She's not had a spot of bother watching cricket concerning sexism or her disability, in fact clubs have gone out their way to help with access needs. All over the North East cricket clubs galore. It's a very accessible sport for all ages. Much prefer this game to watching football. Sorry but neither of us buy into this report but I guess many will disagree. As I've posted above I played cricket quite often at Wellfield School in Wingate and we always had a bat and ball out in the street as kids.

Nobody is asking you or your wife to buy into it, they're just hoping you'll accept and be open minded enough to realise that just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Nobody is asking you or your wife to buy into it, they're just hoping you'll accept and be open minded enough to realise that just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Plus the report is mainly to do with people playing the game. Not county championship spectators

Plus the report is mainly to do with people playing the game. Not county championship spectators

Did any of the allegations throughout the process reference spectators? Don’t recall it doing so. All internal allegations from grassroots to the top but all within the clubs/counties iirc

Which makes a mockery of the whole process if you can't be arsed to speak to spectators.

No it doesn’t because as a spectator you have absolutely no idea what is happening behind closed doors. If the allegations were about racism/misogyny/homophobia or any other abuse coming from supporters then they’d obviously talk to spectators. That’s not the issue so they haven’t.

No it doesn’t because as a spectator you have absolutely no idea what is happening behind closed doors. If the allegations were about racism/misogyny/homophobia or any other abuse coming from supporters then they’d obviously talk to spectators. That’s not the issue so they haven’t.
Seems a waste of time in that case. "Cricket is a game for all" but we won't bother speaking to the spectators. Total contradiction

You can't talk about needing to remove barriers, inclusivity, equality etc when you don't bother speaking to spectators/members, local clubs, staff at clubs (Speaking to staff at Leicester they knew nowt about it). It's very easy to gauge opinions but seemingly they want to remove barriers but not talk to people. Strange strategy
What meaningful input would you have though? :lol:

Racism doesn’t exist cos I’ve never heard it in a crowd of 79 people?
"Meaningful" - :lol: :lol: it's probably why the public haven't been spoken to

Last edited:
You can't talk about needing to remove barriers, inclusivity, equality etc when you don't bother speaking to spectators/members, local clubs, staff at clubs (Speaking to staff at Leicester they knew nowt about it). It's very easy to gauge opinions but seemingly they want to remove barriers but not talk to people. Strange strategy

"Meaningful" - :lol: :lol: it's probably why the public haven't been spoken to
That's like suggesting the Party gate enquiry into BJ s nonsense isnt valis because the public wernt asked for their opinion. It's patently nonsense.

Just posh upper class rich public school boys calling the Asians and blacks names, and making very racist comments about prayer mats and prayer time. I guess if they called a white man a church a place where you go to have sex with children there would be uproar???

So granted on that side.

Sexism is no woman allowed in this dressing room ??

Are men allowed in female changing rooms then.

Basically yes the toffs are clueless about other cultures surprise surprise.

Elitism in Cricket of course I myself had a county trial when 15 I was looked down upon as only secondary school and a bit thick and working class and didn't fit in, so got no further that was 35 years ago.

Same applies today.

I could do that report from my toilet seat but won't get paid 50 grand for it ho hum.

Just posh upper class rich public school boys calling the Asians and blacks names, and making very racist comments about prayer mats and prayer time. I guess if they called a white man a church a place where you go to have sex with children there would be uproar???

So granted on that side.

Sexism is no woman allowed in this dressing room ??

Are men allowed in female changing rooms then.

Basically yes the toffs are clueless about other cultures surprise surprise.

Elitism in Cricket of course I myself had a county trial when 15 I was looked down upon as only secondary school and a bit thick and working class and didn't fit in, so got no further that was 35 years ago.

Same applies today.

I could do that report from my toilet seat but won't get paid 50 grand for it ho hum.
This comment certainly is toilet seat worthy

Slightly off this threads headline topic but The Western Province Under 16 rugby team in South Africa have been kicked out of a national rugby tournament, (despite winning all their games quite comfortably), due to them fielding a team, with less than the requisite "players of colour".

Slightly off this threads headline topic but The Western Province Under 16 rugby team in South Africa have been kicked out of a national rugby tournament, (despite winning all their games quite comfortably), due to them fielding a team, with less than the requisite "players of colour".
World gone mad

What's the correlation to a different sport in a different country?

Wonder what his response would be if asked whether these are also wider societal issues that permeate all aspects of life. As if none of this applies to other sports, education and politics. He could do his bit to tackle these issues but he does the opposite because he thinks that’s a vote winner

Wonder what his response would be if asked whether these are also wider societal issues that permeate all aspects of life. As if none of this applies to other sports, education and politics. He could do his bit to tackle these issues but he does the opposite because he thinks that’s a vote winner
He leads a government who are the epitome of it, the absolute cheek on him

Back