The Hundred - Free tickets

I note the BBC is starting to batter (no pun intended) with this is the best thing you will ever see adverts. Part of the spiel is that 'It's cricket like you've never seen before'. Apart fron last year obviously.

475,000 sold so far apparently.

Considering Oval Invincibles have sold their games out as has The Final (Apparently) does that mean there are going to be a lot of games haven’t sold well at all?

I must be on a few marketing lists (Lancs member, England ticket buyer and have previously purchased hospitality at OT) because I am getting bombarded with offers. Worked out that if I took them up on a couple I could get 4 tickets for all the Manc home games for under £200. So what's that, about £7 a ticket?

Still no, cheers.

The initial indications from The Hundred this year don’t seem to indicate that the competition deserves this extraordinary level of support from the ECB. Viewing figures on the BBC appear to be almost half what they were in 2021, suggesting very little interest from the wider public. And, to be clear, this is before the men’s Test series against South Africa has begun. Moving next year’s Ashes to a less favourable slot in the calendar wouldn’t obviously have any positive effect on The Hundred, but could have a severe negative impact on the number of people watching the Tests.

Last edited:

Back