The Hundred - Free tickets

Rehan Ahmed drafted by Southern Brave. Only 17 and had a very good world cup. I have absolutely zero interest in the 16.4 but he's one I'll keep an eye out for.

Birmingham Phoenix looking like the strongest team on paper imo.

Hard to tell when half the squad will only play a few games though.

Should have given Gareth Bale or Alun Wyn Jones a contract. Wouldn't have made it any less ridiculous.

Fuck it, draft in Aled Jones too :lol:
Work have booked tickets for this and were shocked that I didn't want to go, as their "cricket correspondent". In the past I would have encouraged them to go to a Yorkshire game instead but I can't even do that now.

Last edited:
Had an email through as a parent of a child doing the 'All Stars' programme, offering 'early access' to Hundred tickets.

Last year, we were able to get dirt cheap T20 season tickets for the Emirates, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I'm not so convinced of the merits of trekking down to Headingley instead...

Had an email through as a parent of a child doing the 'All Stars' programme, offering 'early access' to Hundred tickets.

Last year, we were able to get dirt cheap T20 season tickets for the Emirates, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I'm not so convinced of the merits of trekking down to Headingley instead...
That’s funny because All Stars used to link to opportunities with England (you could enter the draw to win a chance of going to an England event - we got to go to Lords for a Q&A session with 3 players and then watch the team train. The next year we got to go to England v Pakistan at Headingley and the bairn got to do some playing in the pitch at the innings break. Also got photobombed by Joe Root 😎)

When we did Dynamos last year, that was linking to the 16.4 so we didn’t bother entering. He’s a bit too advanced for Dynamos now so haven’t seen what they’re offering this year.

That’s funny because All Stars used to link to opportunities with England (you could enter the draw to win a chance of going to an England event - we got to go to Lords for a Q&A session with 3 players and then watch the team train. The next year we got to go to England v Pakistan at Headingley and the bairn got to do some playing in the pitch at the innings break. Also got photobombed by Joe Root 😎)

When we did Dynamos last year, that was linking to the 16.4 so we didn’t bother entering. He’s a bit too advanced for Dynamos now so haven’t seen what they’re offering this year.
My eldest just turned 8 so wasn't sure whether to go for All-Stars again or put her in as the youngest in Dynamos. Can't deny I was sneakily hoping for another cheapo T20 season ticket through the Dynamos/All-Stars programmes but there are so many Friday home games this year (clashes with the All-Stars session) I don't think we'd have made it to more than a couple regardless.

I've perhaps not done enough reading on this year's 16.4 but it seems all the Northern Supercharger games are at Headingley? I thought when it was first floated pre-pandemic pause, there were some games at the Riverside (may have been one or two of the women's team?)

My eldest just turned 8 so wasn't sure whether to go for All-Stars again or put her in as the youngest in Dynamos. Can't deny I was sneakily hoping for another cheapo T20 season ticket through the Dynamos/All-Stars programmes but there are so many Friday home games this year (clashes with the All-Stars session) I don't think we'd have made it to more than a couple regardless.

I've perhaps not done enough reading on this year's 16.4 but it seems all the Northern Supercharger games are at Headingley? I thought when it was first floated pre-pandemic pause, there were some games at the Riverside (may have been one or two of the women's team?)
To be honest, I’d stick her in Dynamos if she’s already done All Stars otherwise she’d be repeating the schedule. They might still offer the T20 ticket.
Is she playing any U9 cricket?

To be honest, I’d stick her in Dynamos if she’s already done All Stars otherwise she’d be repeating the schedule. They might still offer the T20 ticket.
Is she playing any U9 cricket?
She’s not been back since last summer, Whitley Bay wanted to run some stuff over autumn/winter but covid put paid to it. Appreciate it’s repetition but figured it’d be a good steer as to whether she wants to continue ‘properly’

She’s not been back since last summer, Whitley Bay wanted to run some stuff over autumn/winter but covid put paid to it. Appreciate it’s repetition but figured it’d be a good steer as to whether she wants to continue ‘properly’
Fair do’s, our boy was set on cricket so we weren’t worried about continuing properly.
To be honest, after his first All Star session when he was five he asked when he’d be learning the cover drive!

Back