The Hundred - Free tickets

It's probably going to be a washout this summer. With the one dayers, test matches, T20's and county championship in full flow, there's already enough to see or attend for the casual and committed fan alike after a long period of lockdown. I get the feeling everyone wants cricket and not a variation of it just yet

Next summer will be acid test, after the T20 World Cup and Ashes winter, and a year of comparative normality. If it goes relatively well this winter, they may be able to ride the wave of increased interest and popularity of cricket in general.

Got a ticket (and paid for it) for Lords the weekend after next and looking forward to it. Don't care if it's not "proper cricket" (I'm going to the Oval Test later this year), it's just going to be my first live sporting event since March last year. I'd be happy to watch competitive conkers right now.

Saw a few people wearing merchandise yesterday and the lads next to me were talking about it. Have a feeling it’s not going to be the write off we all expect on here

Got a ticket (and paid for it) for Lords the weekend after next and looking forward to it. Don't care if it's not "proper cricket" (I'm going to the Oval Test later this year), it's just going to be my first live sporting event since March last year. I'd be happy to watch competitive conkers right now.
Come and watch Durham....

Saw a few people wearing merchandise yesterday and the lads next to me were talking about it. Have a feeling it’s not going to be the write off we all expect on here

A few of us on here think it’ll do well by the time you throw in the new converts. This forum isn’t representative of the general public.

I think five years in it’ll be a big thing, but gimmicks like free tickets will be required early on to get it going.

Disagree with that mind

This board isn’t in terms of cricket. It’s full of passionate cricket fans, many of whom are into county stuff, seek out YouTube feeds etc.

That isn’t representative of the general population or more realistically the 10m who watched the World Cup Final on C4.

This comp is aimed at the 10m or 60m, not the 200k (total estimate) hardcore county members.

This board isn’t in terms of cricket. It’s full of passionate cricket fans, many of whom are into county stuff, seek out YouTube feeds etc.

That isn’t representative of the general population or more realistically the 10m who watched the World Cup Final on C4.

This comp is aimed at the 10m or 60m, not the 200k (total estimate) hardcore county members.
Giving free tickets away in high volume doesn't suggest things are selling well. You wouldn't give a product away for free if it was popular

Giving free tickets away in high volume doesn't suggest things are selling well. You wouldn't give a product away for free if it was popular

Given that most of the population don’t know it exists yet no one would expect it to have any traction yet with ‘new fans’.

It’ll take a few years to judge cos of that. Although I expect people to crow on here next month about what a failure it’s been regardless.

Given that most of the population don’t know it exists yet no one would expect it to have any traction yet with ‘new fans’.

It’ll take a few years to judge cos of that. Although I expect people to crow on here next month about what a failure it’s been regardless.
They've spent the best part of 2-3 year advertising it. I'd be concerned if my product wasn't known and I'm having to hand out freebies. Sounds like poor marketing that they are having to revert to large volumes of freebies.

They've spent the best part of 2-3 year advertising it. I'd be concerned if my product wasn't known and I'm having to hand out freebies. Sounds like poor marketing that they are having to revert to large volumes of freebies.

Getting the brand out there. Kids in inner cities etc (that’s who they’re targeting) will need to be exposed to the actual games first. Next month til that happens on BBC and YouTube.

Back