The Hundred - Free tickets

Not sure where this argument is going, voice of fair play has stated that he enjoys shorter form of the game (what is wrong with that) lots of people do. I personally love a drawn backs to the wall test match, however also like the shorter for of the game. I think the point that is trying to be made is that the hundred itself is not affecting the current test team (don’t deny it could affect future years), however like it or not lots of people like the shorter game and it’s money making, which the counties need given the unfortunate low attendances at county cricket (mainly on when people work). Therefore we need a shorter form of the game to help cricket survive financially, this could be the blast, franchise t20 or the hundred, but everyone seems to agree that we need to just pick one (no consensus on which one this should be). Me personally franchise t20 but with games shared between all counties
Yeah well put, I was simply making the point that to get the correct balance between red ball and white ball, that one competition is enough of the shorter format, but at the same time that one competition needs to happen for pretty much the reasons you have stated.
Nope, wrong again. I’m assuming nothing. I know (because you’ve said it yourself) that you don’t give a shit about county cricket.

Hence why you’re banging on about how it’s either a choice between the 16.4 or a franchise T20 competition.
I am sure I said a choice between 3 not 2 including the current T20 blast but if you want to take that bit out to suit your argument guess that up to you

Last edited:

Not sure where this argument is going
The same way his arguments always go: down a cul-de-sac, I was simply playing him at his own game.

He doesn’t like county cricket, he’s said that several times, so is happy to see it ruined in the name of his own enjoyment. Not only that, he can’t understand why folk who DO like county cricket get upset and are worried about the direction the game is going. A fact he loves to overlook when making his turgid argument for the 16.4.

The same way his arguments always go: down a cul-de-sac, I was simply playing him at his own game.

He doesn’t like county cricket, he’s said that several times, so is happy to see it ruined in the name of his own enjoyment. Not only that, he can’t understand why folk who DO like county cricket get upset and are worried about the direction the game is going. A fact he loves to overlook when making his turgid argument for the 16.4.
I might be picking it up wrong but think he was more arguing the need for one of t20/ hundred rather than just hundred
I think everyone seems to agree that only 1 version is needed and somehow red ball needs to be improved to help test team (not sure any of us have the answer for this)

I might be picking it up wrong but think he was more arguing the need for one of t20/ hundred rather than just hundred
I think everyone seems to agree that only 1 version is needed and somehow red ball needs to be improved to help test team (not sure any of us have the answer for this)

You are, unfortunately. We’ve been here before. It’s very tedious.

You are, unfortunately. We’ve been here before. It’s very tedious.
No he is not that is exactly what I said and further more I have never said I don’t like county cricket, what I have said is new participation at ground club level is more important for the longevity of the game than what possibly may or may not happen to the current county structure

Last edited:
No he is not that is exactly what I said and further more I have never said I don’t like county cricket, what I have said is new participation at ground club level is more important for the longevity of the game than what possibly may or may not happen to the current county structure
You going to Chester-le-street next week for the Surrey game?
14,000 in tonight at Trent Bridge for their T20 Blast Quarter Final according to Kevin Howells on 5Live.

Ha’way the counties :cool:

Last edited:
You going to Chester-le-street next week for the Surrey game?
14,000 in tonight at Trent Bridge for their T20 Blast Quarter Final according to Kevin Howells on 5Live.

Ha’way the counties :cool:
Looking forward to watching Somerset tomorrow night backed them to win it.

Love T20 and Somerset have some great youngsters coming through as they often do.

It’s great big crowd at Trent Bridge have always said fans love the shorter format of the game
Excellent crowd in today to watch two county sides at Trent bridge
Well that’s it shorter format of the game on a lovely night will always draw fans in and rightly soo
You never know some of them fans might have got the bug of watching cricket from that recent tournament that has been on over the summer and wanted to attend tonight as well

Last edited:
(based on the ECB's claim that around 4.5 per cent of all Hundred tickets were given away).
For Wednesday's Blast game, 125 tickets have been made free — 75 to Notts players and 50 to Hants.

No they just aren’t up to the task. But you’re somewhat corrrect it’s about knowing when to attack. My point is we just don’t produce opening test batsmen anymore
Put the hundred money into buying test cricket on terestrial tv. That’s how I got into cricket. Nothing better than seeing someone just stay in for an hour. That’s cricket not that razmataz 100 crap
Well done burns and hameed today was what England openers should be trying to do

Back