The Hundred 2023

T20 not too long for me, really enjoyed it always have, mistake it my book reducing 20 overs any further,

Would have much preferred us to go down an English premier league route and 20 overs than The Hundred, sorry 16.4 my apologies!!

Looking forward to IPL, when I can see a format that I thoroughly enjoy played by top cricketers in mainly full stadiums where I see fans having a fantastic time enjoying themselves watching the sport they clearly love and their team

I like Danny Morrison, always liked your Sid Waddell’s, Murray Walker ,David Lloyd , Wayne Mardle type of enthusiastic characters, find them infectious, love to see fans and commentators really enjoying themselves and loving the sport they involved with.

Much better than listening or reading people constantly twisting and moaning!!!
I know a lot of people on this forum don't share your opinion on things and I've always thought each to their own. But you like Danny Morrison? That's a bridge too far for me ;)
I've got one a mere tram ride away (and the SAFC Manc supporters branch even gets to borrow the 16.4 franchises' team bus occasionally) but still no.
Same, I get the tram past Old Trafford on my way home from work every day and not once have I thought about stopping off for a Hundred game

Last edited:
I know a lot of people on this forum don't share your opinion on things and I've always thought each to their own. But you like Danny Morrison? That's a bridge too far for me ;)

Same, I get the tram past Old Trafford on my way home from work every day and not once have I thought about stopping off for a Hundred game
Each to their own mate, different opinions make the world go round

Eh?

We play 1 game a year on tyneside

If we get rebranded newcastle then yes its very much the ecb :lol:
If the ECB ever does force a rebrand that’s the ECB’s fault. If the club chooses it it’s the club’s choice.

And so far the only dilution of a pure Durham County branding is:
a) solely down to the club;
b) probably a good idea anyway.

Can’t blame the ECB this time.

T20 not too long for me, really enjoyed it always have, mistake it my book reducing 20 overs any further,

Would have much preferred us to go down an English premier league route and 20 overs than The Hundred, sorry 16.4 my apologies!!

Looking forward to IPL, when I can see a format that I thoroughly enjoy played by top cricketers in mainly full stadiums where I see fans having a fantastic time enjoying themselves watching the sport they clearly love and their team

I like Danny Morrison, always liked your Sid Waddell’s, Murray Walker ,David Lloyd , Wayne Mardle type of enthusiastic characters, find them infectious, love to see fans and commentators really enjoying themselves and loving the sport they involved with.

Much better than listening or reading people constantly twisting and moaning!!!
That's was one of the lies they told to justify the 16.4 though, remember? I like how we're just supposed to forget that happened.

I never heard any of the other commentators openly lie about the quality of the play mind. Imagine Sid going mental over a 22 dart leg, claiming its simply the greatest darts you'll ever see. :lol: :lol:

That's was one of the lies they told to justify the 16.4 though, remember? I like how we're just supposed to forget that happened.

I never heard any of the other commentators openly lie about the quality of the play mind. Imagine Sid going mental over a 22 dart leg, claiming its simply the greatest darts you'll ever see. :lol: :lol:
It maybe was, but me personally have always preferred T20 and it was a massive mistake in my book to change a clear winning formula which is T20.

No need for a hundred balls in the slightest when T20 very popular.

Any cricket fan knows Morrison goes over the top but so what.

Anybody extremely enthusiastic about the of cricket and enjoying themselves I will take every day of the week.

It maybe was, but me personally have always preferred T20 and it was a massive mistake in my book to change a clear winning formula which is T20.

No need for a hundred balls in the slightest when T20 very popular.

Anybody extremely enthusiastic about the of cricket and enjoying themselves I will take every day of the week.
Totally agree except for Morrison "so what".Surely a commentator 's job is to use his supposedly expertise to give a truthful analysis to enhance the perspective of the viewer.He's doing the exact opposite when he's constantly using hyperbole because he's then misleading and deceiving the viewer.

Last edited:
Totally agree except for Morrison "so what".Surely a commentator 's job is to use his supposedly expertise to give a truthful analysis to enhance the perspective of the viewer.He's doing the exact opposite when he's constantly using hyperbole because he's then misleading and deceiving the viewer.
Well yeah up to a point, I know what you saying and tend to agree.

But any cricket fan can see that and see through it and just enjoy the cricket and his enthusiasm rather than been pedantic and making an issue of it.

The whole point is to con casual fans into thinking it's high quality cricket when a lot of it is pure shite.

Although I shouldn't be surprised that a Newcastle fan is so comfortable with this particular type of sportswashing. :p

The whole point is to con casual fans into thinking it's high quality cricket when a lot of it is pure shite.

Although I shouldn't be surprised that a Newcastle fan is so comfortable with this particular type of sportswashing. :p
See mate you lose respect in the debate, with nonsense like Newcastle fan.

Been do 20 odd Sunderland games and 2 Newcastle games when I was a kid, like to see both Sunderland and Newcastle both do well if that ok.

Realise I am very much in the minority with that view but it’s the view I have so will say it.

And this particular debate as nothing to do with football in the slightest.

It’s obviously not pure shit as leagues again in your words are played across the globe.

And since T20 started it has been taken on by every major cricket country developing their own leagues with millions watching.

Which of course would not have happened if it was ‘ shite’

I respect it’s your personal preference you don’t like it but it’s not even a debate that plenty do.
T20 is the recognised form of the short form game globally.

The Hundred is an unnecessary variant which deserves to become a tiny footnote in cricketing history
The biggest mistake of this new competition was making it 100 balls, it should have been called something like English premier league or something along them lines and made it a 20 over competition.

Last edited:
See mate you lose respect in the debate, with nonsense like Newcastle fan.

Been do 20 odd Sunderland games and 2 Newcastle games when I was a kid, like to see both Sunderland and Newcastle both do well if that ok.

Realise I am very much in the minority with that view but it’s the view I have so will say it.

And this particular debate as nothing to do with football in the slightest.

It’s obviously not pure shit as leagues again in your words are played across the globe.

And since T20 started it has been taken on by every major cricket country developing their own leagues with millions watching.

Which of course would not have happened if it was ‘ shite’

I respect it’s your personal preference you don’t like it but it’s not even a debate that plenty do.
👍 Righto.

T20/16.4: Always awesome, all the time.

Back