The Hundred 2023

485k on BBC, sub 150k on Sky
Wow that much???

So more than Premier League Football for Sky games apart from big 6 games that get around 500k. Average is 80k.

485k for BBC wow that's more than Test Cricket on sky by 435k.

Shows how popular it is then.
Domestic t20 gets 129k on sky.

County championship is around 17k on sky. Hence why no coverage.

One day cup was 29k for last year's final.

So your bigging it up big time my friend compared to county cricket my friend.

Amazing figures.

Last edited:
Wow that much???

So more than Premier League Football for Sky games apart from big 6 games that get around 500k. Average is 80k.

Amazing figures.

Why do you do this?

As with every other time with this poster, those figures have been pulled out of his arse and are comically wrong.

Wow that much???

Amazing figures.
Do you have a link for the 80k average for watching the football? I can't find anything.

Wow that much???

Amazing figures.
Where’s your stats from marra?

Sometimes these threads look like they straight out of the politics board, trying to put positive and negative spins on figures!!

Not sure why cricket fans just can’t be happy more cricket is on tv and promoted more???

That’s a good thing!!!
Looking forward to seeing what the reduction in crowds and viewing figures is this year

Personally I think it’s better for cricket to get more crowds and viewing figures then less??

Last edited:
Sometimes these threads look like they straight out of the politics board, trying to put positive and negative spins on figures!!

Not sure why cricket fans just can’t be happy more cricket is on tv and promoted more???

That’s a good thing!!!

Personally I think it’s better for cricket to get more crowds and viewing figures then less??

Making up stupid figures isn't putting a positive spin on anything, and that poster has done it before.

No first class cricket again in August, a disaster for the sport. Hopefully the lack of interest will mean it's the last year of the farcical 16.4.

That’s a good thing!!!

Yes but it already was with the Blast, an no doubt if they'd bothered to try and sell that to the public on terrestrial TV it would have done as well, or more likely better. Instead we have the situation where the whole of the height of summer is given over to this bollocks at the expense of first class cricket and the county game, which I know you don't like admittedly

Making up stupid figures isn't putting a positive spin on anything, and that poster has done it before.

No first class cricket again in August, a disaster for the sport. Hopefully the lack of interest will mean it's the last year of the farcical 16.4.
Its happening all over the world there has been no state cricket in Australia since the last week in November to first week in December. Now In South Africa everything stops for their new t20 tournament
At least in England we have the 50 over comp furing the franchise tournament.
Yes but it already was with the Blast, an no doubt if they'd bothered to try and sell that to the public on terrestrial TV it would have done as well, or more likely better. Instead we have the situation where the whole of the height of summer is given over to this bollocks at the expense of first class cricket and the county game, which I know you don't like admittedly
The problem with the blast is commercially nobody is interested in matches such as Derbyshire v Leicestershre.
Even so called county fans don't turn up to watch it.
Sadly the game is changing and county cricket has been left behind.

Last edited:
Its happening all over the world there has been no state cricket in Australia since the last week in November to first week in December. Now In South Africa everything stops for their new t20 tournament
At least in England we have the 50 over comp furing the franchise tournament.

The problem with the blast is commercially nobody is interested in matches such as Derbyshire v Leicestershre.
Even so called county fans don't turn up to watch it.
Sadly the game is changing and county cricket has been left behind.
Only because its been allowed to. The tradition and strength of feeling towards the counties is unique for this country. The ECB should have harnessed it better instead of going down the soulless franchise route, made even worse by making it a bastardised format that no one else plays

Personally I think cricket needs to be as high profile as possible and on tv as much as possible and anything that achieves that I encourage as I thought most neutral cricket fans would.

The blast may have done well I agree, but am more than happy to see cricket on both terrestrial and sky tv, that can only be good for the game.

It’s not the whole of height the summer either, it’s a month when all kids are off to enjoy it.

It doesn’t seem to be affecting the England team at all as many suggested it would.

The England team thriving.

Now I am not for one minute suggesting the 100 has anything to do with that.

But I am pretty certain based of previous posts on this subject if the England wasn’t thriving the hundred would get the blame

Last edited:
Only because its been allowed to. The tradition and strength of feeling towards the counties is unique for this country. The ECB should have harnessed it better instead of going down the soulless franchise route, made even worse by making it a bastardised format that no one else plays
All ways been forms of the game in this country nobody else plays for the past 50 years.
There is not enough interest in the county form of the game in this country for it to compete with a more streamline franchise system. Its a Sickener but unfortunately Its the modern day world.

Back