The hot sauce thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by chunkylover53, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Good man. Bird's eyes are a good general all rounder for me like. Sometimes you don't need the heat of its big brothers. Defo try that naga chilli pickle mind. Adds another dimension to the hot sauce.

castoff likes this.
  2. superniall

superniall Midfield

I have made about 4 batches of chilli sauce recently, the best one by some distance had fresh roasted tomatoes and fresh coriander, quite a fan of fresh coriander

ProfessionalMackem likes this.
  3. Love fresh coriander like. Would have it on me cornflakes if the missus let's us.

Roasted tomatoes eh? Not a bad shout that like. I'm definitely going to try that on my next batch.

superniall likes this.

4. They do an extra hot version now with a red top.

5. Dennis

Dennis Central Defender

:eek: Where can you get it? Need to give it a go

6. HoxtonMackem

HoxtonMackem Full Back

This^

Spot on stuff.

7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Midfield

I use Mr Naga a lot, hoy it in everything. Got a really nice taste as well as heat, a spoonful in a curry gives it a nice lift. Used to buy the Pain is Good ones years ago, haven't had it for a while, might have to get some.

ProfessionalMackem likes this.
  8. Flying Lotus

Flying Lotus Midfield

I like a few different hot sauces but Frank’s is one I always have in, really like the sourness of it.

9. Scimmy

Scimmy Striker

Mr Naga is lush. It's so good that some Indian restaurants/takeaways list it as an ingredient in their Naga curries rather than listing Naga Jolokia pepper.

As an aside, if you like hot curry, a really good ingredient is dried whole Naga chiles ground to a powder. I use an electric coffee bean grinder which I also use to grind whole black peppercorns.

The ground naga powder gives a curry one hell of a kick which is natural and not chemically-tasting like chile extract superhot sauces like Dave's Insanity Sauce.

You can but whole dried Nagas on t'internet. Remember to clean your grinder very thoroughly before grinding anything else in it!!

Braun Electric Coffee Grinder White KSM2 Modernist Minimalist | eBay

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  10. Booey

Booey Midfield

It’s my favourite chilli sauce. Got a bottle for Christmas and have ordered several more since.

chunkylover53 likes this.
  11. Interesting. I just realised that I actually crowdfunded them last year anarl :lol:

One for @James

12. kossoff

kossoff Winger

This is from the Canary Islands right? I went for some tapas the other day and questioned what the patatas mojo picón was. Any good?

becs likes this.
  13. becs

becs Striker

Yes from the Canaries. It was gorgeous! Not spicy hot but a nice amount of flavour with a slight kick. I loved it.

Billy Batts and kossoff like this.
  14. andy

andy Striker

I've got some of that King Naga stuff.Do i just use a bit in sauces etc.Is it ok with cheese and crackers and that?

15. Scimmy

Scimmy Striker

Yes, provided you have an asbestos gob! Have a little taste of it out of the jar, then you'll know if you can handle it on crackers!

andy likes this.
  16. RedFlag1308

RedFlag1308 Winger

Like to think of myself as a bit of a connoisseur of hot sauce. Im into this stuff at the minute, good blend of flavour and heat: Holy Fuck Hot Sauce 1 Litre

17. West Stand

West Stand Central Defender

Mrs HS Balls chilli chutney, lovely for sandwiches.

18. sketchy

sketchy Midfield

All of his sauces are mint. Does a bacon holy fuck as well

RedFlag1308 likes this.
  19. LondonMackem

LondonMackem Winger

[​IMG]

WCC likes this.