The Hateful World of Dating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter is a tough murder type from round my way. Rough Pub for him. I said I was in his area on Sat for an orchestra rehearsal so could meet him for a quick coffee then before I nip off to my knitting group but he chose to meet up afterwards instead in my local for a proper drink as I won't have to drive.
Julian is a posho cycling enthusiast who loves wine and goes round vineyards bothering the winemakers about their stock. He's on Tuesday in a posh Mayfair restaurant.
Peter sounds canny, Julian sounds like a twat:neutral:

Peter is a tough murder type from round my way. Rough Pub for him. I said I was in his area on Sat for an orchestra rehearsal so could meet him for a quick coffee then before I nip off to my knitting group but he chose to meet up afterwards instead in my local for a proper drink as I won't have to drive.
Julian is a posho cycling enthusiast who loves wine and goes round vineyards bothering the winemakers about their stock. He's on Tuesday in a posh Mayfair restaurant.
Take Pete to Mayfair and Julian to the pub.

Oh and never go for a meal for a first date. So they say.

Just be yourself and see how it goes. Have some topics in mind in case conversation dries up, like football, did you see ...... tv prog, have you heard .......'s new song etc.

I've no idea really as I can't manage to get a date, never mind go on one, but that's what I would do :oops:
Birdman is still available! :p

I really am nervous. It isn't like a job interview where you can study up and show your credentials.
I know that I am too aggressive and intimidating for most so the whole dating process just turns into an awkward mess where I just end up hating the poor bastards.
My guess is if you're honest ,no one is going to fit the bill so dont bother

Just be yourself and see how it goes. Have some topics in mind in case conversation dries up, like football, did you see ...... tv prog, have you heard .......'s new song etc.

I've no idea really as I can't manage to get a date, never mind go on one, but that's what I would do :oops:

It's not that I have nothing to say... I get phobic of schadenfreude so out of fear that they may feel awkward or embarrassed I do the most stupid things so that I am definitely the twat and not them.

I find that less awful.

Because I'm mad.

:oops:

Go online you'll be mobbed x

Why? It's a date for both of you, don't feel like it's your duty to pay just because you don't like him.

Treat the first couple as a pre-season type, get rid of the rustiness and if they go well it's a bonus. You'll feel less pressure and probably enjoy it more if you think of it like that.

It's only meeting someone new, you probably do that every day.

Because if I don't like him I can walk away not feeling beholden or that I have taken him for anything.

Take Pete to Mayfair and Julian to the pub.

Oh and never go for a meal for a first date. So they say.

That would be much better as a testing ground I agree but schedules didn't work that way.

We're going to Scott's and have booked at the bar so it is not a full on meal per se.

No one's picked up on the orchestra and the knitting.

Evidently not the case.

I had to join a knitting group because I couldn't work out socks.

Because if I don't like him I can walk away not feeling beholden or that I have taken him for anything.

I know what you mean, but offering to pay your share would be more than enough. It's not as if you ruined his food/drinks by not liking him! Nice gesture of you though.

That would be much better as a testing ground I agree but schedules didn't work that way.

We're going to Scott's and have booked at the bar so it is not a full on meal per se.

Evidently not the case.

I had to join a knitting group because I couldn't work out socks.
There's a hole at one end and that's the end you put your foot in, after that I'm all out of advice.

So, I'm going on dates again. I have one lined up for Saturday in a rough pub and one on Tuesday in a swanky Mayfair restaurant.

I haven't been on a date in about 10 years so would love to hear the SMB guide to first dates and dating.

I am horrendous at dating. Woeful.
A bit crack on followed by a bit clart on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back