The Hateful World of Dating

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really am nervous. It isn't like a job interview where you can study up and show your credentials.
I know that I am too aggressive and intimidating for most so the whole dating process just turns into an awkward mess where I just end up hating the poor bastards.

I split up with a girlfriend of circa 3 years about 11 months ago, the first date I went on I barely spoke! As in barely said a word! And when I did speak I blabbered on these terrible trains of thought and couldn't stop myself from talking utter shit. In my head I was thinking 'You sound like literally the most boring person ever!'... after about half a dozen other dates that slowly picked up (and I started having a pint before to settle the nerves :lol:). I had some cracking ones where I wasn't coming across like a total whopper and was at my best. It's been about 6 weeks since I went on one so I know now if I had one it would probably take a while to get back in the flow but it wouldn't be as bad as that first one - the poor lass must have thought I was a right basket case!

So who's the unlucky chaps
Peter is a tough murder type from round my way. Rough Pub for him. I said I was in his area on Sat for an orchestra rehearsal so could meet him for a quick coffee then before I nip off to my knitting group but he chose to meet up afterwards instead in my local for a proper drink as I won't have to drive.
Julian is a posho cycling enthusiast who loves wine and goes round vineyards bothering the winemakers about their stock. He's on Tuesday in a posh Mayfair restaurant.

Get the important questions out of the way from the off :-

Spend the first 5 minutes just staring at each other, then :-
Cock size
Bank balance
House
Car

(WHAM :- )
Wanker test
Homo test
Arsehole test
Murderer test

Criminal record check
Rapist test
Favourite colour
Favourite music
Favourite films

Humour test & general conversation (craic)

Rate each one out of ten, if any category falls below 5 then walk away.

That'll be a £50 advice fee or a PM of your tits.

I split up with a girlfriend of circa 3 years about 11 months ago, the first date I went on I barely spoke! As in barely said a word! And when I did speak I blabbered on these terrible trains of thought and couldn't stop myself from talking utter shit. In my head I was thinking 'You sound like literally the most boring person ever!'... after about half a dozen other dates that slowly picked up (and I started having a pint before to settle the nerves :lol:). I had some cracking ones where I wasn't coming across like a total whopper and was at my best. It's been about 6 weeks since I went on one so I know now if I had one it would probably take a while to get back in the flow but it wouldn't be as bad as that first one - the poor lass must have thought I was a right basket case!
I've never suffered fanny fright regardless of the length of gaps in dating. Are you cured now?

I reckon if you like your date just go with the flow and be guided by body language. The most important thing is just have fun.

Peter is a tough murder type from round my way. Rough Pub for him. I said I was in his area on Sat for an orchestra rehearsal so could meet him for a quick coffee then before I nip off to my knitting group but he chose to meet up afterwards instead in my local for a proper drink as I won't have to drive.
Julian is a posho cycling enthusiast who loves wine and goes round vineyards bothering the winemakers about their stock. He's on Tuesday in a posh Mayfair restaurant.
:lol:

Get the important questions out of the way from the off :-

Spend the first 5 minutes just staring at each other, then :-
Cock size
Bank balance
House
Car

(WHAM :- )
Wanker test
Homo test
Arsehole test
Murderer test

Criminal record check
Rapist test
Favourite colour
Favourite music
Favourite films

Humour test & general conversation (craic)

Rate each one out of ten, if any category falls below 5 then walk away.

That'll be a £50 advice fee or a PM of your tits.

I feel vaguely affronted that my tit pics aren't doing the rounds anymore.

Touché

I meant mudder obvs

Just be yourself and see how it goes. Have some topics in mind in case conversation dries up, like football, did you see ...... tv prog, have you heard .......'s new song etc.

I've no idea really as I can't manage to get a date, never mind go on one, but that's what I would do :oops:

So what should one wear?
If I don't like him I will insist on paying the bill but otherwise go Dutch?

Why? It's a date for both of you, don't feel like it's your duty to pay just because you don't like him.

Treat the first couple as a pre-season type, get rid of the rustiness and if they go well it's a bonus. You'll feel less pressure and probably enjoy it more if you think of it like that.

It's only meeting someone new, you probably do that every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back