The Handmaid's tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost didn't watch it as she's in it. But have to admit she's good in the role. I found her a little bit 'blank' in other stuff. She was in The West Wing too but I didn't watch that.
I thought she was OK in Mad Men although I didn't like her character. She's really good in this though....

I thought she was OK in Mad Men although I didn't like her character. She's really good in this though....
She irritated me in Mad Men as I couldn't really gauge what her character was and put that down to her as an actress as much as the writing. However, nice to be proved wrong now and then.

Episode 4 was good. Not as good as 3, but canny all the same. The tension in the underground station....

We're now not sure if Moira is dead or not. I know that was a flashback, but still.

Also, Moira - like many Americans - can't pronounce "Twat" properly. She said "Twot" :lol:

Just caught up with Sunday's episode.
What do we think then? I reckon its building up to Offred murdering Serena somehow.
Oh and Ofsteven :lol: and RIP

It depends on how far they deviate from the book, so I'm undecided on that.

Saw a preview for Top of the Lake which I may give a watch, even though I gave up on the last one. Looked good - in spite of Nicole Kidman. :lol:

It depends on how far they deviate from the book, so I'm undecided on that.

Saw a preview for Top of the Lake which I may give a watch, even though I gave up on the last one. Looked good - in spite of Nicole Kidman. :lol:

I suspect it will follow the book for this series then deviate.

I'm looking forward to Top of the Lake. Realy enjoyed series 1.

I reckon you're right - it's been really faithful to the book so far

I'm not so sure about top of the lake though. The fucked up little setting in new zealand made the series imo. Sydney will change the whole thing immensely.

I'm guessing the ending with Offred will be the same.
I gave up with TOTL so hope that I can still follow series 2. Possibly until Nicole Kidman becomes unbearable. :lol:

I reckon you're right - it's been really faithful to the book so far

I'm not so sure about top of the lake though. The fucked up little setting in new zealand made the series imo. Sydney will change the whole thing immensely.

Yeah, the change of setting is going to make a difference (not sure if good or bad). I'm guessing from what I've read that it's going to involve Hong Kong also.

I'm guessing the ending with Offred will be the same.
I gave up with TOTL so hope that I can still follow series 2. Possibly until Nicole Kidman becomes unbearable. :lol:

Series 1 had a very defined ending so you shouldn't need to have watched it to follow series 2.

Yeah, the change of setting is going to make a difference (not sure if good or bad). I'm guessing from what I've read that it's going to involve Hong Kong also.

Series 1 had a very defined ending so you shouldn't need to have watched it to follow series 2.
Excellent. I'll give it a go, then.

Just binge watched them all on Kodi over the course of 2 days...brilliant! Need some suggestions of what to watch next.

Weird announcement at the end of this week "if youv been affected by any of the issues raised..." Etc
Are they going to get people ringing up saying they're trapped in a fascistic dystopian future?

Weird announcement at the end of this week "if youv been affected by any of the issues raised..." Etc
Are they going to get people ringing up saying they're trapped in a fascistic dystopian future?
I thought that!

Mind it's been a while since a married man shaved my legs and took me out to a brothel. So I'll probably not bother ringing in. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back