The Handmaid's tale

I saw this episode a few weeks ago and thought those scenes were complete bollocks. Deviations from the book to such an extent as to be deliberately extremist in it's anti-Christian rhetoric. No way would they dare put anything like that on TV depicting those scenes as a result of an Islamic takeover.

I can see your point, but at the same time you need that bit of artistic license to drive the point home a little bit more, hence the scenes last night rather than "What happened to Ofglen? Oh, she died".

People comparing this to the DUP in Coalition/Trump's America need to give their heads a shake.

I saw this episode a few weeks ago and thought those scenes were complete bollocks. Deviations from the book to such an extent as to be deliberately extremist in it's anti-Christian rhetoric. No way would they dare put anything like that on TV depicting those scenes as a result of an Islamic takeover.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in August when C4 show The State, Peter Kosminsky's drama about Britons joining up to fight with ISIS. He's not exactly known for his softly, softly approach.

I can see your point, but at the same time you need that bit of artistic license to drive the point home a little bit more, hence the scenes last night rather than "What happened to Ofglen? Oh, she died".

People comparing this to the DUP in Coalition/Trump's America need to give their heads a shake.
True but I thought the book did it well enough without the visual extremes the tv show offered

Yeah I was actually messing.... I read that Daily Mash article earlier....
I think I've missed something here, I just saw the topic trending on twitter

It'll be interesting to see what happens in August when C4 show The State, Peter Kosminsky's drama about Britons joining up to fight with ISIS. He's not exactly known for his softly, softly approach.
I shall keep an eye out

True but I thought the book did it well enough without the visual extremes the tv show offered

I thought the book handled Ofglen well, but it would have been too much telly time for too little reward, or just brushed off IMO. Mind the performance of Ofglen really stole the show last night.

I thought the book handled Ofglen well, but it would have been too much telly time for too little reward, or just brushed off IMO. Mind the performance of Ofglen really stole the show last night.
Which episode is channel 4 up to now? I watched it on something else and only got to 3.

Back