The GTA Remastered Trilogy Appears To Be Real, And Coming To Switch

I've crumbled and pre-ordered it as well. Will likely sack work off early and play it when it's released at 3pm.

I know it's getting a bashing online for Rockstar not putting the effort in, but I'm looking forward to the nostalgia trip.

For anyone interested, this is the full song list for the remastered games...

Logon or register to see this image

I've crumbled and pre-ordered it as well. Will likely sack work off early and play it when it's released at 3pm.

I know it's getting a bashing online for Rockstar not putting the effort in, but I'm looking forward to the nostalgia trip.

No Billie Jean coming on when you hop on the scooter on vice city :cry:

Few songs missing, Billie Jean being the big one for Vice City of course but seems largely the same.

had about an hourn this morning on gta3, was ok I suppose. Graphics look really cartoony, the gameplay seemed updated. They have the weapon wheel from gta v. The pedestrians still act like f***ing idiots though, running infront of your car at every oppurtunity

had about an hourn this morning on gta3, was ok I suppose. Graphics look really cartoony, the gameplay seemed updated. They have the weapon wheel from gta v. The pedestrians still act like f***ing idiots though, running infront of your car at every oppurtunity
San Andreas will probably benefit the most from the update as it was light years ahead of 3 and tbh VC too in terms of scale etc

San Andreas will probably benefit the most from the update as it was light years ahead of 3 and tbh VC too in terms of scale etc

TBH I only really bought it for them two. I never played GTA3 at the time. I enjoyed Vice City but never got round to finishing it and I absolutely loved San Andreas and completed that a few times. I just thought I might aswell do them in order

The running in front of your car is just part of their chaos engine. It’s like cars pulling out I front of you and so on. On purpose to wind you up.

Seen a fair bit of gip for it online.

Main complaint is that it’s effectively a port of a ps2 game with a triple A price tag and that their gameplay improvements aren’t up to scratch.

Didn’t realise a third party was doing it tbf.

Tried out Vice City and San Andreas and both seem canny to be honest. Graphics are decent and driving/shooting seems solid.

Think people need to remember they're not remakes, it's the same game with a new skin and a couple of new gameplay mechanics.

If you go into it expecting a brand new GTA game, you'll be disappointed. If you go into it hoping for a trip down memory lane, and a hit of nostalgia, you'll get your monies worth.

If you don't think of it as £55, but £18 per game, it's about right.

Can you swim or do you just die when entering the water?

Die, other than Sam Andreas of course.
where are all the reviews for this

I think Rockstar banned reviews until after release so not be far off.
Tried out Vice City and San Andreas and both seem canny to be honest. Graphics are decent and driving/shooting seems solid.

Think people need to remember they're not remakes, it's the same game with a new skin and a couple of new gameplay mechanics.

If you go into it expecting a brand new GTA game, you'll be disappointed. If you go into it hoping for a trip down memory lane, and a hit of nostalgia, you'll get your monies worth.

If you don't think of it as £55, but £18 per game, it's about right.

I think they’re marketing it differently mind.

Last edited:
Played a couple of hours on San Andreas as it’s free on Xbox Games Pass (you have to pay for the other two).

Decent graphic improvement especially draw distance. Looking forward to the nostalgia replaying it.

Did 3 missions or so on 3 earlier. Seemed fun.

Few occasions so far the AI has been shooting at each other and I've picked up ammo as I walk past. Cant carry any more now about half hour in !

Gave up on gta 3 as the controls are shit.
Vice city seems slightly better. I'm sure I've bought and played a remastered Dan andreas with improved gameplay previously that was better than this

Gave up on gta 3 as the controls are shit.
Vice city seems slightly better. I'm sure I've bought and played a remastered Dan andreas with improved gameplay previously that was better than this

Put about 2 hours into GTA 3 last night, and I'm a bit gutted tbh. It looks shite, the rain effects make it unplayable at times.

I know this is the least popular of the 3, so hopefully VC + SA are better but I paid £55 for this. If the GTA 3 remaster was a free game I probably wouldn't bother with it.

Back