The GTA Remastered Trilogy Appears To Be Real, And Coming To Switch

It appears in the top 10 for sales each month after being out 8 year. It's ridiculous. Think they've sold like 130 million copies at this point

The modded scene is absolutely huge on PC right now. The RP scene had 1 million views daily back in it's peak over the lockdown period, currently averaging 200-300k, it's died down but it's still top 5.

Rockstar have turned a blind eye against the modded scene despite being absolutely copyright as fuck, because as you said, it's generating sales.

I know well in advance as I was used to be part of said mod community and they're developing a mod scene for RDR2 online which will also boost sales, so any chance of a GTA6 or a RDR3 anytime soon is close to 0.

Last edited:

Not much of a fan of 3 (incidentally people forget 3 was quite hard and from VICE City onwards Rockstar games have been piss easy)but Vice City and San Andreas were great games. I had both on my mac a few years back and playing via a ps4 contoller they were as good as I remember bar the graphics being outdated.

Will these use the same graphics as gta 5? I'd quite happily pay full price for a vice city remake, especially if it uses the 360 camera view.

Have you played Skyrim on it? Any good?

Have they been?
yeah the rights to many of the original songs ran out and Rockstar wont pay to keep them, so for instance, Billy Jean, the first song you here when you start VC, isnt on the game anymore. Theres loads and not limited to Vice city but San Andreas too

Just been trying to play GTA 3. It's basically unplayable being used to modern controls. The camera and weapon aiming is shocking. Turned it off.

Later this month marks a very special anniversary for Rockstar Games: 20 years since the original release of Grand Theft Auto III. In honor of the upcoming anniversary, today we are excited to announce that Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be coming to current generation platforms later this year: http://rsg.ms/5f72b6d
In addition to carving a new path for the open world genre, Grand Theft Auto III established Grand Theft Auto as a cultural phenomenon, alongside its two subsequent — and equally legendary — entries in the series, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
We’d like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all the Grand Theft Auto fans who have supported the games over the past two decades. Your love and appreciation for these games has helped push the Grand Theft Auto series forward with every iteration.

Be good if they put the work into it. Wonder what will happen with the music particularly the Vice City ones.

Up for another Tommy Vercetti outing mind, with Maurice Chavez blasting on VCPR.

Back