The Great North Run 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keawyeds

Striker
A bit early some of you might think, but if you're training properly for it you'll be starting soon!

Who's doing it this year then?

If you are thinking about it and would like a free place, please give me a shout.
My charity are offering supporters a free place! Hopefully this won't get me mod-slapped for advertising, but this is purely a Great North Run thread first and me plugging things second!

sorry but would rather boil my head in a pan of piss than run GNR. so many better races out there for a fraction of the cost. Good luck with the charity raising mind.

The GNR has got a bit out of hand in recent years - but I still enjoy it, it's always a good day!

I'm in the ballot again for this year, hopefully I'll get a place... (It'll be my 10th time, and if I beat 1.50, I'll be be retiring) :D

Got picked out of the daily mirror ballot, it will be my first one. I'm currently doing insanity and will start my training after that. I'm hoping my knees will be up to it.

it was great last year - dont know why people are twisting
il hopefully get in through the ballot this year

Entered the ballot, last year was my first GNR but injuries limited my training massively. Hoping ive got these all sorted now and looking to break the 2hr mark.

Never thought id do it again but i really enjoyed last year, well apart from the week it took my body to recover.

What charity are you running for?

Can get to busy in places and is a logistical nightmare to get there and back from apart from that is a cracking race with a superb atmosphere

Dont think I will bother with it this year, Sunderland half marathon is my main aim for the year

pain in the arse getting to/from, but for me the problem is that too many people bullshit what time they can do it in to get nearer the front

edit... however... bump for the charity, I may do it yet !

pain in the arse getting to/from, but for me the problem is that too many people bullshit what time they can do it in to get nearer the front

When I did it in 2011 there was a few places where it was a awful lot of people fighting for space, was getting quite feisty at times. Those who decide they want to walk but dont move to the side dont help things either

Can get to busy in places and is a logistical nightmare to get there and back from apart from that is a cracking race with a superb atmosphere

Dont think I will bother with it this year, Sunderland half marathon is my main aim for the year

When is that, I was told it was cancelled this year?

Getting back to the GNR - This will be my 4th time and looking for 1:50 this year!

If you don't get a ballot place and still want to do it, we can offer you one of our charity ones
youre persistant il give you that ! :D i spotted you offerin a place to micky gray n all! :lol:
if i dont get in through the ballot il almost certainly take you up on that though thanks

i noticed this i put my honest time down and the amount of people i passed was embarrising as they must of put under 1hr30, i started in orange 3 so it was not to bad once i got over the bridge, might put 57mins this year and start with the kenyans so ive got a open run

Did it last year and enjoyed it. Bought the membership package option so I'm entered for the next 3 years! I'm not a serious runner , but liked the challenge, and as some have said it can be a bit congested. But, I would say the organisation is superb, and rather than getting away quickly at the end , me and a few mates had a pub crawl back to Durham, via Newcastle and South Shields....finished the race at 12.30, got home after 10 pints of Guiness at 10pm.....great day out and no pain on the monday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back