The first sticky period the regime has faced

They very well might have done but it’s still on the club to appoint them. Plus there were loads of rumours that Still approached KLD in December and many people would be happy with him
They didn't go for still as he's in work with compensation. To date no new manager has been in a job and the only ones with any sort of success applied for the job. Our recruitment looks poor unless someone is keen enough to apply and make it clear they'll come on club terms. Doesn't last though.

As for December if we were going to sack TM (which I think we should have at time) we needed a replacement lined up ready to go, as is supposed to be the job of a dof. Sadly every time we've sacked a manager we've made a pigs ear of trying to upgrade on them.

Perhaps if they operated the club correctly there'd be money coming in to balance books. We're nowhere near ffp anyway but the off field mess just points to this being a player farm project.
There no excuse to sort the sol out, its beyond a joke the state of some of it. There was still graffiti 2 weeks ago off the mags ffs

He couldn’t care less though
I agree with both of you. My post was relating to player purchases. The off field stuff is poor and needs improving. I genuinely don’t think KLD is anywhere near as hands on as people are led to believe

I agree with both of you. My post was relating to player purchases. The off field stuff is poor and needs improving. I genuinely don’t think KLD is anywhere near as hands on as people are led to believe
Re player purchases and ffp i think the only explanation is the plan is to run a player farm not a football club. Keep costs low, stack stack young players high and sell to prove concept and run the club.he'll sell once he's satisfied he's done what he came for. What's best for the club and promotion appear to be against his plan.

Re player purchases and ffp i think the only explanation is the plan is to run a player farm not a football club. Keep costs low, stack stack young players high and sell to prove concept and run the club.he'll sell once he's satisfied he's done what he came for. What's best for the club and promotion appear to be against his plan.
I don’t necessarily think what’s best for the club and promotion to the premier league belong in the same sentence at the moment. We’re miles off it. We had a squad of zero resale value less than 3 seasons ago and whilst that’s improved we’re still nowhere near a PL side. We weren’t last season either despite getting into the playoffs. Both us and Boro have found out how tough this league is when you don’t invest heavily to get promotion. The other side in last years playoffs will also be nowhere near at the end. I do think they’re thinking of the long term future of the club with signing young talent but it doesn’t go hand in hand with immediate success which is frustrating lots of people.

There is a hypothetical situation where he could sell 1 or 2 a season for 15 /20 million each, spend 5 to 10 million on replacements and use the rest to fund the shortfall in turnover, could even get all the money back he has loaned the club and just be left with his initial investment to buy the club (which he would obviously get back when he sold it)

probably doesn't involve promotion at any time but theoretically that wouldn't matter as it hadn't cost him anything

I don’t necessarily think what’s best for the club and promotion to the premier league belong in the same sentence at the moment. We’re miles off it. We had a squad of zero resale value less than 3 seasons ago and whilst that’s improved we’re still nowhere near a PL side. We weren’t last season either despite getting into the playoffs. Both us and Boro have found out how tough this league is when you don’t invest heavily to get promotion. The other side in last years playoffs will also be nowhere near at the end. I do think they’re thinking of the long term future of the club with signing young talent but it doesn’t go hand in hand with immediate success which is frustrating lots of people.
You only progress with money. If we'd waited for promotion under mic mac we'd still be there now. You can't pick and choose. Have to go for it as fast as you can.
There is a hypothetical situation where he could sell 1 or 2 a season for 15 /20 million each, spend 5 to 10 million on replacements and use the rest to fund the shortfall in turnover, could even get all the money back he has loaned the club and just be left with his initial investment to buy the club (which he would obviously get back when he sold it)

probably doesn't involve promotion at any time but theoretically that wouldn't matter as it hadn't cost him anything
The sol would be condemned and support would be against him by then but yes I think that could very well be the plan. Its about time they tried to build a team and club rather than scatter gun approach to build assest base

Last edited:
Undoubtedly moved us on since they've came in whilst getting us on a even keel financially. I'm not doubting that since the sacking of Mowbray it's been disappointing but they deserve the chance to put it right. The next appointment and couple of transfer windows are crucial mind I will say that but f***ing hell people are going way overboard with there reactions these past few weeks imo. Set backs are always going to happen and it needs to be remembered that this is the first under KLD and Speakman
It's more than just a sticky patch. They have royaly fucked up our moment. So bad in fact, I expect key players like Clarke and Ballard to leave in the summer.

Saying that, you are right they have moved us on significantly. Not only going up a league but I recall looking at one of our sides in league 1 thinking we'd be lucky if we could recoup £1million for the lot of them. Our current squad would recoup around 100 times that in my opinion.

Lately though we have brought in some very average players which is why we are where we are.

Last edited:
It's more than just a sticky patch. They have royaly fucked up our moment. So bad in fact, I expect key players like Clarke and Ballard to leave in the summer.

Saying that, you are right they have moved us on significantly. Not only going up a league but I recall looking at one of our sides in league 1 thinking we'd be lucky if we could recoup £1million for the lot of them. Our current squad would recoup around 100 times that in my opinion.

Lately though we have brought in some very average players which is why we are where we are.
You really think our squad is worth 100 million?

You really think our squad is worth 100 million?
I honestly believe Ballard, Clarke and Neil are our major assets and should be 60 of it. Ekwah, Patterson Jobe are next and could command 30 between them. All six of those have been linked with other clubs. You still have Hume and Roberts who could bring in a little.
You may not agree with the figures but dafter things have happened and if the club plays hard ball, they are all achievable.

I honestly believe Ballard, Clarke and Neil are our major assets and should be 60 of it. Ekwah, Patterson Jobe are next and could command 30 between them. All six of those have been linked with other clubs. You still have Hume and Roberts who could bring in a little.
You may not agree with the figures but dafter things have happened and if the club plays hard ball, they are all achievable.
On current form there's no chance of those figures. We'll soon see with some it appears, sadly.

Absolutely no chance.

Ekwah and Jobe wouldn’t raise £10m between them.

With minimal investment in the january window we'd have had enough to beat luton in the play offs, and who knows from there.

Luton went up and are making a real go of it. you can't tell me we didn't have a better side than them last year or we couldn't outperform them this year.

Even if we went down we'd be 100-200m better off and the likes of clarke, neil and ballard would be worth double what they are now.
Absolutely no chance.

Ekwah and Jobe wouldn’t raise £10m between them.

Can you imagine if we'd spent 30m on ekwah, jobe & patterson

Last edited:
This isn’t something that has just suddenly happened. It’s been ongoing over the course of years.

The off pitch stuff has been an utter farce since day 1 and it’s now filtered over to the playing side as it was always going to.

Kick a can down a road and things will eventually catch up.

From misrepresenting shareholdings, and going to extreme lengths to cover up any trace, to decorating a home stadium with derogatory signs and hiring and firing a manager within 8 weeks after trying to mug off a fanbase by claiming their coaching was world class.

A seemingly out of control shit show throughout.
Good post. I was just going to say this. The BCB fiasco wasn't the start of this, that was just when the chickens started coming home.

It’s obvious the clubs owners read this board.

I can see you with your white cat and pool full of piranhas.

It won’t end well.

Back