The first sticky period the regime has faced

Undoubtedly moved us on since they've came in whilst getting us on a even keel financially. I'm not doubting that since the sacking of Mowbray it's been disappointing but they deserve the chance to put it right. The next appointment and couple of transfer windows are crucial mind I will say that but f***ing hell people are going way overboard with there reactions these past few weeks imo. Set backs are always going to happen and it needs to be remembered that this is the first under KLD and Speakman

I think the problems are;

Off season decisions have been shite. Plenty on here would slate if you if you brought it up, and say look whats happening on the pitch... Now we're seeing the mood if results don't paper over the cracks

Lessons aren't being learnt. It is possible to have a balanced squad and a bit of experience without resorting to silly money and will grigg, again this is alot of peoples retort.

Sacking Mowbray at the time they did was the wrong decision. It looked the wrong decision at the time and it still looks the wrong decision now.

I didn't like the decision but you could see it coming so i dont necessarily agree. Id have kept him but if we'd gone out and brought in will still, kim hellberg or someone who it seemed like we wanted more than mowbray, rather than a sackless nomark, at least it would seem an acceptable move.

On the field a few bad windows (it's too early to talk about January imo) isn't the end of the world. All clubs make mistakes.

They have to really be prepared for the summer, ideally with deals already in place (especially free agents and the right loans) for the massive gaps in the squad.

Off the field we're a shambles, and that's honestly the most important thing to fix imo. Speaking for myself, if we hadn't seen mistake after mistakes off the field, I'd have far more confidence in the hierarchy getting in right in the summer.

Also, I care about football for the day out more then the actual match. If there was no problems off the field, I'd genuinely take a mid-table season like we're having without really moaning.

This isn't a blip, we're on the brink of disaster relying on young lads and lead by a bunch of other young-un's who have never played football.

This season is over, now its just sifting through the rubble of what we're left with and how we spend that money in summer.

A huge rebuild is needed now, we could easily have just added parts to the league one team which proved itself good enough.. can't help think this way will be more expensive rather than cost efficient

I didn't like the decision but you could see it coming so i dont necessarily agree. Id have kept him but if we'd gone out and brought in will still, kim hellberg or someone who it seemed like we wanted more than mowbray, rather than a sackless nomark, at least it would seem an acceptable move.

That's agreeing with my point though mate. They weren't going to spend money on someone like Will Still at that stage as they showed, so why sack Mowbray for someone like Beale?

Last Summer (as harsh as it would have been) or this Summer is/was the right time to do it if they wanted to replace him.

Even prior to the Mag ticket fiasco, the shambolic nature of the off-pitch operations and the way that this regime have continuously treated the fans with barely disguised contempt meant that they were only ever one poor run of form away from the support asking serious questions of them.

Pretty much all of the stick they've received in recent months has been entirely of their own making.

That's agreeing with my point though mate. They weren't going to spend money on someone like Will Still at that stage as they showed, so why sack Mowbray for someone like Beale?

Last Summer (as harsh as it would have been) or this Summer is/was the right time to do it if they wanted to replace him.

Fair enough. You said sacking him was the wrong decision, not replacing him properly was the wrong decision. Semantics

We over-achieved last season and I believe that created complacency behind the scenes. Mowbray gets a lot of credit for that but it cost him his job. We were also more reliant on Amad than I think we realised at the time.

A perfectly upward trajectory is rare in football but Speakman is - by his own benchmark of 'progression' - now at risk of losing his job.

We will lose Clarke in the summer and the pressure to pay for a proven goalscorer will be even higher than it is now.

I can only see this sticky period continuing (and prob worsening) unless KLD and cohort show themselves as being bolder, more ambitious & generally more 'savvy' than we've seen to date.

Last edited:

Back