The first sticky period the regime has faced

€5m is/was a frankly ridiculous sum to pay for a Championship club.

We’ve spent £2m on Hjelde and the same on Rusyn/Hemir/Mayenda.

I know where id rather we’d spent the money.
Eh? Did you forget plummeting to league one where we were losing millions and millions per month without any value in the club to make any money?

The debt was always covered by Short.

Last edited:

Debt or massive debt?

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with investing in the correct player.
That sentence is ambiguous though, isn't it? I agree there's nothing wrong with investing in the correct player there's lots of factors involved in doing so. Debt being covered by someone means very little now because as the likes of NUFC are finding out it doesn't matter how much debt you can cover if the books don't balance for FFP you can't spend it. I think people forget how little our club generates in revenue.

That sentence is ambiguous though, isn't it? I agree there's nothing wrong with investing in the correct player there's lots of factors involved in doing so. Debt being covered by someone means very little now because as the likes of NUFC are finding out it doesn't matter how much debt you can cover if the books don't balance for FFP you can't spend it. I think people forget how little our club generates in revenue.

I think lots just see the 40k attendance and automatically assume it gives us the right to be spending more than every body else

The club could generate a lot more, a well stocked club shop would be a start

Maybe because we are probably the worst run efl club off the field in the country?

The club could generate a lot more, a well stocked club shop would be a start
I agree there. We miss out on lots of revenue and have done for years.
Maybe because we are probably the worst run efl club off the field in the country?
It's poor in many areas but we're far from worst run efl club like. Can think of loads worse off the top of my head.

I'm happy to give them the benefit of doubt for this season presuming they learn from it. They've tried a few things in the foreign market, its not worked out, learn and move on. Fine.

If they buy 6 more younguns in the summer from all over the world who cant even speak English and we still look completely inexperienced then I'm done with them.

Very good windows in Jan 22 & Aug 22 along with the emergence of Neil and Patterson and 09 continuing to improve.

The last 3 windows we seem to have deviated from what was bringing us that success as well as removing some of that experience from the squad. Only Ekwah, Bellingham and Ba have become regulars. And two of them are being flogged.

Neil and Mowbray seemed to present themselves outside of the “model” that Speakman talks about. They brought a level of success. Johnson looked broken and Beale was an absolute disaster that the majority could see. Why couldn’t the club.

Typically the poorer transfer windows and inconsistent and/or poor form has coincided at a time the club have lost a lot of goodwill off the pitch.

It’s disingenuous to say the majority who are unhappy are screaming for huge sums of money to be spent or demanding this and that. We just want to be confident the club are learning from their mistakes: that’s where the jury is out for me

I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt to appoint the new HC and for this next transfer window.

The only reason they get it for the HC coach is because they got Neil and Mowbray right, plus I’m still convinced they were always planning on replacing Beale in the summer anyway.

As for transfers will be good to see how they handle having actual money to spend. The fee’s we get in the summer should be enough to increase the wage budget a chunk and also reinvest and get several players in at a level we’ve not yet been recruiting at.

Well that’s up to the club to remedy in terms of the income it generates.

Surely by investing in players rhat give you a good chance of getting promotion that is acceptable? Im certainly not advocating for spending massively beyond our means but there is a clear policy where we won’t spend large sums on players.

That is purely ideological.
Very good windows in Jan 22 & Aug 22 along with the emergence of Neil and Patterson and 09 continuing to improve.

The last 3 windows we seem to have deviated from what was bringing us that success as well as removing some of that experience from the squad. Only Ekwah, Bellingham and Ba have become regulars. And two of them are being flogged.

Neil and Mowbray seemed to present themselves outside of the “model” that Speakman talks about. They brought a level of success. Johnson looked broken and Beale was an absolute disaster that the majority could see. Why couldn’t the club.

Typically the poorer transfer windows and inconsistent and/or poor form has coincided at a time the club have lost a lot of goodwill off the pitch.

It’s disingenuous to say the majority who are unhappy are screaming for huge sums of money to be spent or demanding this and that. We just want to be confident the club are learning from their mistakes: that’s where the jury is out for me

This is a great post.

Last edited:
Well that’s up to the club to remedy in terms of the income it generates.

Surely by investing in players rhat give you a good chance of getting promotion that is acceptable? Im certainly not advocating for spending massively beyond our means but there is a clear policy where we won’t spend large sums on players.

That is purely ideological.

This is a great post.
Well it depends if the money is there to spend in the first place doesn't it? Of course we all want to sign the best players that give us the biggest chance of promotion but if the money isn't there, it isn't there.

It'll not generate more due to Club policy. There'd be much more coming in if they dud their job properly.
I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt to appoint the new HC and for this next transfer window.

The only reason they get it for the HC coach is because they got Neil and Mowbray right, plus I’m still convinced they were always planning on replacing Beale in the summer anyway.

As for transfers will be good to see how they handle having actual money to spend. The fee’s we get in the summer should be enough to increase the wage budget a chunk and also reinvest and get several players in at a level we’ve not yet been recruiting at.
Neil and Mowbray both approached them. Not the other way around.

Last edited:
It'll not generate more due to Club policy. There'd be much more coming in if they dud their job properly.

Neil and Mowbray both approached them. Not the other way around.
They very well might have done but it’s still on the club to appoint them. Plus there were loads of rumours that Still approached KLD in December and many people would be happy with him

Well it depends if the money is there to spend in the first place doesn't it? Of course we all want to sign the best players that give us the biggest chance of promotion but if the money isn't there, it isn't there.

From a supposed billionaire I’d expect funds to be there.

Back