The current reality of how long it could be before we are back in the Premier league

If we can go up this season we'll have the momentum and I think we can go straight through the championship. We'll need 4 or 5 decent players though. The championship is pretty poor on the whole.

It isn't like.
3/24 of the Championship will go up this year as they have since I can remember.

I don’t buy that’s it harder or easier than before, just the same.

With teams spunking millions on players and failing to get up, over a period of time the quality is slowly increasing. It's a hard league - ask a Leeds fan and they will tell you that. Very few teams manage to do what we did twice.

Last edited:
Always surprises me that people don’t miss seeing us compete against the best players and some of the best sides.

The only thing I miss is being able to appreciate big wins properly. We were 3-0 up in no time and destroying the opposition on Tuesday night, but because it was Rochdale it just felt like it should be happening and the atmosphere was pretty flat.

you cant predict it, the premier league is not everything, I honestly don't care what league we are in, if you know what I mean
Correct...i will support me team nee matter what division.As long as they go out, bust a gut , keep improving as a "team" im happy, and im happy with the current crop.Seeing Onien crunch that tackle the other night , then read he also puts lots of effort into the Academy and developing the young players...characters like that will do for me.We seem to really be developing a bond in the team and that is transferring to us as fans , probably down dare i say it to PP.Hope it continues, the great thing with football is you never kna what comes next? As you said, i dont particularly miss the Premiership and trying to scrape a draw at home by defending in order to stay "where the pot of gold is".If we do get back to the Prem i would prefer it took time if it means we are stronger and can then compete.It became obvious, even with the money, it was a matter of time until we went down. Haway the Lads

I'm 50 this year and have been fortunate enough to see us play top flight/premier league football for many years

In the past few times we've been relegated from the Premier league we've managed to go back up pretty much straight away. But looking at big clubs like Leeds, Notts forest, Sheff Wed etc they've been down in the championship for years on top of clubs like Stoke, , Huddersfield who were playing in the Premier league not so long ago but are really struggling to even stay up

It seems even harder these days to make a real fist of it in the championship. Even if we are taken over in the summer by someone or a group of people with serious money the reality of us being back in the Premier league could be a long way away

Longest spell out of top tier is 6 seasons - twice.
Will be longer than that this time unless a miracle happens

Sky wrecked football as we knew it.

The Prem started in 1992. Then Sky came along. They bought the rights. They took games away from 3pm Saturday. The money they put in makes clubs gamble everything on getting/keeping that pot of gold. If you reach the Prem it doesn't matter how many pay to get in. It is such a small amount of money from total income.

But look at the winners of competitions before the Prem started. Small clubs could win Division 1. They also won the FA cup. But in the last 28 years of the Prem it has been mainly down to the big clubs. The rest of us just go through the motions.

I want my club to be in the Prem. But I enjoy the away days more now. New grounds. A terrace to jump around and go mental. No plastic supporters. Even top v bottom isn't one sided most of the time.

I would be happy being a yoyo club. Prem, Championship, Prem, Championship..... Bring the money in and have a chance of winning something. Then slowly build to survive in the Prem. Don't want to go up and have a chairman risk everything on staying up again.

You have that wrong way round. Sky created the Premier.

If we can go up this season we'll have the momentum and I think we can go straight through the championship. We'll need 4 or 5 decent players though. The championship is pretty poor on the whole.

Luton and Barnsley who won automatic promotion last season currently occupy bottom and second bottom in the championship.

This season- Lose play off semis
Next season- Lose key players- horrific finish 9th
21/22- Building again- 4th- Lose play off final
22/23- Superb- Champions
23/24- Championship 11th
24/25- Championship 8th
25/26- Championshp 4th- Lose play off final
26/27- Championship 10th
27/28- Championship 4th- Lose play off semi final
28/29- Championship- CHAMPIONS Promoted

There you go

I can see that happening tbh.

I'm 50 this year and have been fortunate enough to see us play top flight/premier league football for many years

In the past few times we've been relegated from the Premier league we've managed to go back up pretty much straight away. But looking at big clubs like Leeds, Notts forest, Sheff Wed etc they've been down in the championship for years on top of clubs like Stoke, , Huddersfield who were playing in the Premier league not so long ago but are really struggling to even stay up

It seems even harder these days to make a real fist of it in the championship. Even if we are taken over in the summer by someone or a group of people with serious money the reality of us being back in the Premier league could be a long way away
10 years

It could be, or it could be a short time away, depends on who the owners are and how we spend on many on the right players

Trying to compare Luton and Barnsley to us? Come on. We will take some stopping if this momentum keeps going...

Happens a lot on here, never seem to compare yourselves to Rotherham & Ipswich though, they stank up the championship last season and are competing well this season.

Might take 10 years, might take 3. Nee fucker knows.

Always have the hope and as long as we’re winning most weeks I honestly couldn’t give a shite what league we’re in

Back