The current reality of how long it could be before we are back in the Premier league

I'm 50 this year and have been fortunate enough to see us play top flight/premier league football for many years

In the past few times we've been relegated from the Premier league we've managed to go back up pretty much straight away. But looking at big clubs like Leeds, Notts forest, Sheff Wed etc they've been down in the championship for years on top of clubs like Stoke, , Huddersfield who were playing in the Premier league not so long ago but are really struggling to even stay up

It seems even harder these days to make a real fist of it in the championship. Even if we are taken over in the summer by someone or a group of people with serious money the reality of us being back in the Premier league could be a long way away
I think it will take three years and 3 months marra ;)

When the OP created this thread we were owned by Stewart Donald and managed by Phil Parkinson. What a bloody grim period that was to be a Sunderland fan.

I'm amazed things have improved so quickly, some of the football we've played this season is amongst the best I've ever seen in the 31 years I've been watching us play. To be potentially 2 games away from the Prem is staggering.

Back