The cleverness of dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely Ragnar. Can't imagine the dispair you would have felt, maybe now better to have him on an extendable lead in busy/built up areas
That is what i normally do. But almost midnight , pitch dark, a mega obedient dog of seven and a half years, never done it before. I was wrong
Never again.

Going down to Norwich to collect our Wire Fox Terrier pup in a couple of weeks. Very wilful with a strong prey drive, going to be very nervous where we let her off. Bitches stay closer than male dogs but if either catch scent or sight of a rabbit or squirrel it could be a problem. So glad your dog came home to you, he sounds great.

We've got three rescues and Harry the first to arrive and the eldest is an ex-hunting dog.
Essentially to keep them keen for the hunt they starve them and Harry being a labrador / pointer mix is still, still, and always will be on the look out for F-O-O-D...
When the other two arrived he quickly sussed that if he bolted his food then ran to the back door and barked his `Quick lads- Intruders!´bark the other two would rush out the back to investigate leaving their meal half eaten...
Harry´d then slope over and scoff the lot before they got back,they´d arrive back, both with puzzled looks of `what was all that about like?´ followed by `wheres our dinner gone?´
I swear Harry gave the closest thing a dog can do to a laugh at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back