The cleverness of dogs

Lovely Ragnar. Can't imagine the dispair you would have felt, maybe now better to have him on an extendable lead in busy/built up areas
That is what i normally do. But almost midnight , pitch dark, a mega obedient dog of seven and a half years, never done it before. I was wrong
Never again.

Going down to Norwich to collect our Wire Fox Terrier pup in a couple of weeks. Very wilful with a strong prey drive, going to be very nervous where we let her off. Bitches stay closer than male dogs but if either catch scent or sight of a rabbit or squirrel it could be a problem. So glad your dog came home to you, he sounds great.

We've got three rescues and Harry the first to arrive and the eldest is an ex-hunting dog.
Essentially to keep them keen for the hunt they starve them and Harry being a labrador / pointer mix is still, still, and always will be on the look out for F-O-O-D...
When the other two arrived he quickly sussed that if he bolted his food then ran to the back door and barked his `Quick lads- Intruders!´bark the other two would rush out the back to investigate leaving their meal half eaten...
Harry´d then slope over and scoff the lot before they got back,they´d arrive back, both with puzzled looks of `what was all that about like?´ followed by `wheres our dinner gone?´
I swear Harry gave the closest thing a dog can do to a laugh at that point.

Back