The cleverness of dogs

J

JohnAin

Hi Mods. I accidentally put this into Parsnip. No replies. Please feel free to merge or whatever. Post #3084 in "Idele Chit Chat"

I have an amazing dog. A beautiful Beauceron. We have been together since he was 4 weeks old. I grabbed him from his breeder when I saw blood on Ragnar's back from being beaten.

My vet got a milk mother for him and I took him into clean, clear life, bathing away his injuries. For 4 years I brought him up on on my farm in France, a pastoral dog who does sheep, cattle, goats and (reluctantlly) bullocks. I love him, he loves me. We are pals and he is a significant part of my family. he always obays the few commands I need to give him and is a big, gentle, kind creature.

When I am here in the UK, which is often, I do him a 15 mile walk every day. He loves it and is always obedient. He is seven and a half now. We are bound together.

Last Sunday, after an 18 mile walk we were outside the Law courts on the NCL Quayside at 23:30. He suddenly sprinted off. I ran after him but fell away. The Quayside was deserted. I walked it until about 04:45 searching for him. Saw policemen who refused to help. Nobody else. I walked back up to my daughter's place in West Jesmond with a heart like lead and tears on my face. Got to bed about 05:15. No hope of any sleep. I was devastated.

Called the obvious numbers at 09:00. No real help but lots of kindness.

Sat on the sofa, numb, in despair.

At 10:30 I thought I might have heard a bark. Went to the door. There was a filthy, nervous, trembling Ragnar with the biggest smile I have seen on him.

Now my boy is recovered, relaxed and rested.

How in the hell did he find his way to his second home? At least partly through the rush hour?

Dogs are clever.

Hi Mods. I accidentally put this into Parsnip. No replies. Please feel free to merge or whatever. Post #3084 in "Idele Chit Chat"

I have an amazing dog. A beautiful Beauceron. We have been together since he was 4 weeks old. I grabbed him from his breeder when I saw blood on Ragnar's back from being beaten.

My vet got a milk mother for him and I took him into clean, clear life, bathing away his injuries. For 4 years I brought him up on on my farm in France, a pastoral dog who does sheep, cattle, goats and (reluctantlly) bullocks. I love him, he loves me. We are pals and he is a significant part of my family. he always obays the few commands I need to give him and is a big, gentle, kind creature.

When I am here in the UK, which is often, I do him a 15 mile walk every day. He loves it and is always obedient. He is seven and a half now. We are bound together.

Last Sunday, after an 18 mile walk we were outside the Law courts on the NCL Quayside at 23:30. He suddenly sprinted off. I ran after him but fell away. The Quayside was deserted. I walked it until about 04:45 searching for him. Saw policemen who refused to help. Nobody else. I walked back up to my daughter's place in West Jesmond with a heart like lead and tears on my face. Got to bed about 05:15. No hope of any sleep. I was devastated.

At 10:30 I thought I might have heard a bark. Went to the door. There was a filthy, nervous, trembling Ragnar with the biggest smile I have seen on him.

How in the hell did he find his way to his second home? At least partly through the rush hour?

Dogs are clever.
A similar, not so nice story, happened to me when I was a kid...

My older Brothers had been down Seaburn and had found a stray dog wandering about on the beach one day. Being a family of dog lovers, and already owning 2 dogs, they decided to bring it home, much to Mums displeasure. Long story short, 2 weeks later, we had to get rid of the dog. It was fighting with the other 2 and just being a general nuisance. Nobody we knew wanted it, so they decided to take it back to Seaburn beach and leave it where they found it.

They took it to Seaburn, tied it to a lampost, and started walking home.

They get home, and surprise surprise, the dog was f***ing waiting for them on the doorstep. :lol:

God knows how it found it's way back to ours. We kept it another 2 weeks then found a neighbour who'd take it. It ended up running away a few weeks after and was never seen again.

I'm glad yours found its way home mate.

Dogs are clever bastards. :cool:

Last edited:
Dinnar about you mate but the only time I've fucked off at half ten on the quayside and returned home at 9am the next day, filthy but with a smile on my face is when I've been bucking.
You're right, 100%. Still, you've just had me crying with laughter for 5 minutes. :lol: Fkn cheeks are killing.

Dogs are clever.
You need to train your dog not to run off, mate.

A chap sees a sign in front of a house: 'Talking Dog for Sale'. He rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard, so he goes out there and sees a black mutt just sitting there.

"You talk?" he asks.

"Sure do" the dog replies.

"So, what's your story?"

The dog looks up and says, "Well, I discovered my gift of talking pretty young and I wanted to help the government, so I told the MI5 about my gift, and in no time they had me jetting from country to country sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders. I was one of their most valuable spies eight years running because no one thought a dog would be eavesdropping. The jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger and I wanted to settle down so I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security work, mostly wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings there, was awarded a string of medals, had a wife, a load of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog. The owner says, "10 quid."

The guy says, "This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?"

"Cos he's a f***ing liar"

Dogs are clever.

He went clubbing, he was shaking and smiling because he double dropped.

Back