The chore of going to the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time in 25 years of supporting Sunderland I was tempted to stay in and miss the game. Obviously I ended up going but everyone around me was saying the same thing. It’s absolutely horrific going to that shithole of a stadium now to see us huff and puff against lesser opposition. There’s no reason to go the match anymore because we are so bad.

These players are a complete joke and a disgrace to the shirt. Their lack of effort, fitness and professionalism is there for all to see. They don’t play as a team and more worryingly don’t want to play as a team. And the new manager seems incapable of addressing this.

Yet you’ve still got people defending it

Yep had this discussion today why the hell would you pay money to watch this crap. Then come away upset frustrated and angry.

This ^
The stadium is Top tier Premier league , the support is top tier premier league
the team are bargain basement shite & not fit to wear the famous red & white stripes of Sunderland AFC
Will Grigg & the likes you are an embarrassment to this famous club

aye I’ll admit I was a bit off with that comment. I was judging it more on atmosphere and experience rather than facilities. The place does need a bit of a clean up and the roof is starting to look tatty. Pay me and I’ll do it:lol:

you’re way off the mark calling it a shithole of a stadium.
Hes not like, granted the new seats made a big difference last season, but if you look closer it is looking very, very shabby. There are sections of bare metal in the roof structures now which need to be coated sooner rather than later or more damaging corrosion will set in, the floors are a mess, the concourses are shabby as owt, nothing ever looks clean. It is in a poor state. Once the team manages to restore some kind of pride in itself we should look at returning a great stadium to what it once was.

Last edited:
People shouldn’t have hounded Di Canio out then. Went downhill from there.
Hes not like, granted the new seats made a big difference last season, but if you look closer it is looking very, very shabby. There are sections of bare metal in the roof structures now which need to be coated sooner rather than later or more damaging corrosion will set in, the floors are a mess, the concourses are shabby as owt, nothing ever looks clean. It is in a poor state. Once the team manages to restore some kind of pride in itself we should look at returning a great stadium to what it once was.
This - was one of the best stadiums around when it was built but we’ve been left in the dust by most of the newer stadiums.

Last edited:
I had a gig to go to at the Sage on the night, saw the weather forecast and decided I wasn't going to both at my age so duffed the match. Still watched it at home and headed straight to Newcastle after. That was the right decision for me but I respect the decision of those who braved the weather and the shite on offer

Could be a massive problem for the club come renewal time though. I'm not renewing if it's L1 again next season.

Left home in Cambuslang at 0930, 8 train journeys later got back home at 2230.

If it wasn't for the fact a handful of us share the misery I'd probably not bother. it's a day out with mates too often ruined by 90 minutes of shite.

Not been over there this season and only went to five last season, can't see me going back tbh.

I wasn’t going to go but @hank williams made me feel guilty about no going so I went and regretted it after 30 minutes.

Don’t blame anybody for not going these days.

That seems to be the thing these days, ‘not going’ is now pretty much acceptable because of how bad it truly is.

We’d always say “support the team, get behind the lads, keep the faith” etc when someone decided not to go. Nowadays its really hard to find reasons to try and persuade people?

Shithole stadium compared to where?
:?::?::?::?:

Mind you, the shit searved up on the pitch would be an offence to Thompsons Park and other such local league locations.
This is a crazy opinion to have IMO. It's a 20 minute walk from the city centre where there's loads of parking. There's park and rides put on and there are two metro stations less than 10 minutes walk from it. It's an easy stadium to get to IMO.
Luxury compared to walking or even driving to Roker Park from say Millfield.

Few minutes walk to a Metro station-five minutes or so metro-max five minute walk St. Peters to the ground, What more do some people want....A Private Taxi for nowt????

Last edited:
I had a gig to go to at the Sage on the night, saw the weather forecast and decided I wasn't going to both at my age so duffed the match. Still watched it at home and headed straight to Newcastle after. That was the right decision for me but I respect the decision of those who braved the weather and the shite on offer

Could be a massive problem for the club come renewal time though. I'm not renewing if it's L1 again next season.
My son and I won't renew if we don't go up.

Train from hartlepool turned 40-50 people away due to overcrowding.
Great start to the day.
Fecking livid I was, has to be the shittest service in the country.

I have a 2hrs 20 drive each way and I'm about done for the season.

It's a complete waste of time other than seeing the lads for a few hours
Similar. Since moving away have not been a regular attender (Maybe half a dozen home games a season) But now a going on 300 mile round trip to watch the crap served up NO THANKS. Mam passed away this year as well so not even that to look forward to for a trip up home.

I'm not going tomorrow night because of stuff at home. Trivial stuff tbh that I would normally work around the match. However I'm sacking it off and doing the other things that need doing.

Spot on its not enjoyable at the moment and a proper chore, im having to convince me mate to go to tomorrow, he said he’d rather watch champions league and i cant say hes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back