The chore of going to the match

Weather didn't help the mood or motivation with going today like. A load of people will have looked out the window and sacked it off.

For the first time in 25 years of supporting Sunderland I was tempted to stay in and miss the game. Obviously I ended up going but everyone around me was saying the same thing. It’s absolutely horrific going to that shithole of a stadium now to see us huff and puff against lesser opposition. There’s no reason to go the match anymore because we are so bad.

These players are a complete joke and a disgrace to the shirt. Their lack of effort, fitness and professionalism is there for all to see. They don’t play as a team and more worryingly don’t want to play as a team. And the new manager seems incapable of addressing this.
Why is it a shithole of a stadium? Must be in the top 20 in England.

I’d much rather spend time with my 2 girls than watch that rubbish. My parents who are die hard fans also couldn’t give a toss anymore. Rang them after FT and hardly mentioned the game.

Just home now, really wished I hadn't spent the cash on railway tickets etc and saved a few quid. Hardest part is keeping my kids interested in watching that soul destroying crap now. Poor sods have been dragged to watch us now for five years and they look done with football now. Low ofter Low with absolutely no positives other than the fans museum before the games.

There’s barely been a genuinely enjoyable day at the stadium since Allardyce departed. The life has been sucked out of the place and we’ve reached our lowest point in history. In fact, we’ve had our worst side in history for three consecutive seasons now. It’s been a managed decline.

Just thinking back to the 15 and 19 point seasons when things were horrendous. There were still some fairly creative chants and a bit of an atmosphere, even if it was mainly gallows humour, but now it’s absolutely chronic. Our supporters have been through the ringer and it’s absolutely incredible that so many are still going. I assume the vast majority out of pure loyalty and duty rather than enjoyment.

i won't give up my season ticket but really lacking motivation to go these days. don't at all look forward to it. more like a sense of duty or something

the thought of going on Tuesday night just makes me feel a bit 🤦‍♂️

Although the match was poor, I don’t but the whole chore thing. The day is still quality
Well that depends on what your matchday is.

Today it was rushing around like a blue arsed fly, parking up, legging it over in the pissing rain / cold, stood in a freezing cold stand watching arguably the worst 90 minutes i have ever seen at the SOL. Full time, stuck in traffic, cold, frustrated, back home.

Absolute chore.

My main gripe with the stadium is that it's a bastard to get to. Shite parking all around the ground and the metros are crap.

It was an awful experience today. I’m often critical but rarely pessimistic. I’m beginning to think now that we’re finished as a competitive top flight club. We’re fading into obscurity.
All big clubs that have visited this level got back eventually. Leeds haven't quite got back yet but they will.

For the first time in 25 years of supporting Sunderland I was tempted to stay in and miss the game. Obviously I ended up going but everyone around me was saying the same thing. It’s absolutely horrific going to that shithole of a stadium now to see us huff and puff against lesser opposition. There’s no reason to go the match anymore because we are so bad.

These players are a complete joke and a disgrace to the shirt. Their lack of effort, fitness and professionalism is there for all to see. They don’t play as a team and more worryingly don’t want to play as a team. And the new manager seems incapable of addressing this.

I am done

Back