The Brit Awards 2024

I’ve got a Raye album. It’s ok.

She’s now got more Brit awards than David Bowie got in his entire career - I read. Although I suspect that for the majority of his career they didn’t exist. And not many people give a shit.

Last edited:
I am totally out of touch with modern pop stuff although I still like some new stuff. I hadn't actually heard anything by Raye so listened to a few tracks but couldn't connect with it at all. I thought Escapism sounded like Lily Allen 20 years ago.

I’ve got a Raye album. It’s ok.

She’s now got more Brit awards than David Bowie got in his entire career - I read. Although I suspect that for the majority of his career they didn’t exist. And not many people give a shit.

They started properly in 1982 (there was a silver jubilee version in 1977) so, yes, a lot of Bowie's career wasn't really covered.

They started properly in 1982 (there was a silver jubilee version in 1977) so, yes, a lot of Bowie's career wasn't really covered.

Yep I realised that (but didn’t know the date). I have a similar response when somebody is introduced on telly as having x number of ‘number 1 records’ and then comparing it to someone or some band from years ago. The number of streams that get you to be the highest streamed artiste that week is surely not comparable to the number of vinyl records sold in competition with the other huge acts that people still listen to 40 or 50 years years later that enabled a number one decades ago. Why bother.

I've never watched it since about 1990 but I'm quite proud of the fact that when I looked at a list of the winners this morning I'd never heard of any of them :cool:

Back