The Brit Awards 2024

I went to a pub in Rotherhithe a few years ago and there happened to be a charity thing on and this nob was playing.

Whoever was MCing kept coming over the mic every five minutes saying "world famous Brandon Block blah blah"

What a pile of chod 😂

One of the other "star" guests was Brian Belo the black dude form Big brother series 3 or something.

Ruined my lunch like.
Not what you want when you're just trying to eat your Sunday dinner like.

Brits used to be interesting. Actually enjoyed Kylie, easily more enjoyable than anything Madonnas ever done. Still love this from 17 year ago

I watched Dua lipa. A bit maya Jama and then turned off.

I’ll check it all out tomorrow properly but I see The Last Dinner Party won and I like them.

can’t see a thread already so apologies if there is one.
Appreciate I’m not in the demographic to find this entertaining, but this is truly dreadful. 2/3 of green day being there is strange enough.
Why watch ?
I watched it while my Dad said what's this rubbish?
I'm 61 now and he's long gone

Why watch ?
I watched it while my Dad said what's this rubbish?
I'm 61 now and he's long gone
Curiosity, to see what passes for popular (or flavour if the month at the very least) these days.
lots of it is (subjectively) rubbish but there is the occasional nugget of quality.

Curiosity, to see what passes for popular (or flavour if the month at the very least) these days.
lots of it is (subjectively) rubbish but there is the occasional nugget of quality.
Music is alive and well in 2024
Tell me what you used to like and ill send u something
Brit awards are unimportant

How the fuck can Kylie get a lifetime award and Madness has won fuck all?
Kylie has hits in every decade since the 80s and is absolutely massive, her glastonbury shown ratings wise was the biggest ever for Glastonbury.

I can complain many things about the brits but Kylie being an icon isn't one of them .

I was at the Glastonbury show and the atmosphere was amazing

It reflects society today in many ways in that there’s very few personalities anymore. All boring robots scared to say owt in case someone’s offended. I’d rather watch paint dry than that shit now.

I think there’s a snapshot in our youth where the music at that time and that place just sticks with us as an abiding memory of our younger selves.

My parents - the Big Band Sound , WW2 era , Glen Miller etc
My big sister Beatles , Stones , Kinks , Who ( lucky girl)
Me - Soul , Funk , Disco.
My nephews- acid house , Madchester, Britpop.

That of course doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy other genres at all - far from it - but I guess we like the comfort blanket of the music of our own special times and you never lose that - it takes me back and it’s rather wonderful.

Back