The best Dutch lager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do you need the strength justifying? If it makes a drink nicer jobs a good un. Or are you saying when you reach for a lager it's become you want something light and refreshing and not a lot else?

Eh? :lol:

I don't think the strength needs to be 'justified'. I think when a lager is that strong, the strong taste of alcohol becomes the main feature of the drink.

Heineken used to be the worst lager on the market ,it was fizzy piss about 3.6%.

Canny now like

Eh? :lol:

I don't think the strength needs to be 'justified'. I think when a lager is that strong, the strong taste of alcohol becomes the main feature of the drink.

Well surely that applies to all drinks, the stronger the drinker the greater the alcohol content. The stronger stuff tend to taste better imo.

The opposite is worse, hate any alcoholic beverage where you aren't aware of the alcohol.

Well surely that applies to all drinks, the stronger the drinker the greater the alcohol content. The stronger stuff tend to taste better imo.

The opposite is worse, hate any alcoholic beverage where you aren't aware of the alcohol.

No, it doesn't apply to all drinks. A double IPA or an Imperial Stout can carry that high alcohol because of the hoppiness or roast it also carries. A lager can't, although there are exceptions.

Stronger = better isn't the case either. Judge the talent of a brewer on how much flavour they can get in a low abv pale ale. That's the real test.

No, it doesn't apply to all drinks. A double IPA or an Imperial Stout can carry that high alcohol because of the hoppiness or roast it also carries. A lager can't, although there are exceptions.

Stronger = better isn't the case either. Judge the talent of a brewer on how much flavour they can get in a low abv pale ale. That's the real test.
Your beard must be coming along canny now marra.

That's the thing though, the foreign lagers are stronger, and more often than not are better. Some valid points mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back