The best Dutch lager

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're mostly shit, their IPAs and blond beers are bloody excellent though. Anything by Brouwerij 't ij or De Prael is usually a corker. Two Chefs Brewing are good too.

From the stuff that has reached the mainstream, Grolsch is the best!

Not a big fans of their IPA's (or anyones tbh) but yes their blond beers are superb.

The Dutch love a strong drink. Other than Heineken, everything else they sell around here is generally 6 to 8%. You get some bloody horrendous headaches from them in the morning.

A couple of pints of water before lights out eradicates that issue mate.

The Dutch love a strong drink. Other than Heineken, everything else they sell around here is generally 6 to 8%. You get some bloody horrendous headaches from them in the morning.

Don't get me wrong, I go mad for 9% American style DIPAs. But with a lager I want something around 4-5%.

That windmill is a cracking place for a pint n all.

It's really good, can get a flight of their beers to try for 9 euro. I live 5 mins away, was planning to go on Thursday actually.

De Prael have just opened up a new taproom as well in addition to their one in the city centre, just across from the RLD. Worth a visit if you happen to find yourself across here.

A couple of pints of water before lights out eradicates that issue mate.

Normally do that but still get headaches. I'm really bad for them off the drink, it's the only real hangover side effect I get.

It's really good, can get a flight of their beers to try for 9 euro. I live 5 mins away, was planning to go on Thursday actually.

De Prael have just opened up a new taproom as well in addition to their one in the city centre, just across from the RLD. Worth a visit if you happen to find yourself across here.

Normally do that but still get headaches. I'm really bad for them off the drink, it's the only real hangover side effect I get.

I'll have to check it out next time I'm over. Usually make a beeline for Gollem or Arendsnest.

I just find there's not enough about most lagers to justify the strength. Not like an Imperial Stout or something like that.

Why do you need the strength justifying? If it makes a drink nicer jobs a good un. Or are you saying when you reach for a lager it's become you want something light and refreshing and not a lot else?

Always had a soft spot for Grolsch since I went to Nijmegen with the Air Cadets - first proper drinking experience (including a perfect view of one lad's 'five finger fountain' over his mate in the next camp bed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back