[The Ashes] first Test - Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

The side look light weight and looking at that Lions line up so do they. Other than a fully fit Wood (not sure the last time that was the case) I can't see any of them making a difference.

I know it' was said during the summer but if TV umpires are going to make out/not out calls by millimetres depending on where the foot is in relation to the popping crease then groundsmen have to start painting the line with a bit of accuracy. .. e.g. the line must be in the right place and no bulges or narrowing across it's length.

Mind it's not one of those issues that teams are able to take advantage of but it's daft if the umpire is very accurate in his judgement while the groundsman is a bit just slap a bit of paint sown and that will do.

He's not garbage but certainly not unplayable like we made him look. England are just garbage against spin
Again, look at his stats. Compare his wickets per match against say Broad ... and broad is recognised as one of the best bowlers in the world.

Buttler and Morgan in ASAP!

What are a couple of flogs going to add to the team?

The problem isn't so much selection (Ball aside), it's mental weakness. We win a couple of sessions, the Aussies fight back. The Aussies get on top for a couple of sessions, we capitulate and lose the match.

What are a couple of flogs going to add to the team?

The problem isn't so much selection (Ball aside), it's mental weakness. We win a couple of sessions, the Aussies fight back. The Aussies get on top for a couple of sessions, we capitulate and lose the match.

I think it's a bit of both. Said at the time I don't think the squad is as good as what some think and in my opinion they're very weak mentally. ECB don't give a toss about red ball cricket either.

Hopefully things improve but it's started as I expected

I think it's a bit of both. Said at the time I don't think the squad is as good as what some think and in my opinion they're very weak mentally. ECB don't give a toss about red ball cricket either.

Hopefully things improve but it's started as I expected

Our ODI side was an embarrassment, something needed to be done and Bayliss has done a brilliant job of that.

Test cricket is all about strategy, team building and mental toughness though and I don't think he is prepared to put in the effort. He can't even be arsed to watch County Cricket, has one of the mentally weakest England batsmen in modern times as 'batting coach' and the players are out on the piss getting into scrapes.

Gillespie would have been a far better choice for the long format side. He has just taken the head coach's job at Sussex. f***ing Sussex!

Our ODI side was an embarrassment, something needed to be done and Bayliss has done a brilliant job of that.

Test cricket is all about strategy, team building and mental toughness though and I don't think he is prepared to put in the effort. He can't even be arsed to watch County Cricket, has one of the mentally weakest England batsmen in modern times as 'batting coach' and the players are out on the piss getting into scrapes.

Gillespie would have been a far better choice for the long format side. He has just taken the head coach's job at Sussex. f***ing Sussex!

Agree with that. I worry for the future of English red ball cricket, something I mentioned a few times over the summer on here. Not the slightest bit convinced the ECB care enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back