[The Ashes] first Test - Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finely balanced this, looks like we’ve missed Stokes with the bat and ball ?
Ball and Woakes figures look shite....

Haway marra, he was far from average. All time great? Maybe not, but definitely a top class spinner in my eyes. Shame he's a f***ing knacker off the field. Plastic mag just makes him worse.
He was the best spinner I've ever seen bowl for England.

We have been watching cricket long enough to know one lad turns it square and the other straight for no apparent reason.
depend what he's bowling. When Lyon was over here in the last Ashes he said he was pretty much only bowling with over spin so we wouldn't see any turn but he'd get flight and it would be difficult for the batman to pick up length. Don't know why he isn't doing that here, a straight one could be the danger ball.

Last edited:
If this was in England I'd say Australia are edging it. It's about even given it's in Oz I reckon.

Smith is the best Batsman playing on either side in my opinion, for the circumstances at least, he's a momentum changer. If he gets in Australia will have a real chance. I'm not convinced in the second innings that England will have someone who can do the same under scoreboard pressure.

If we get him out quickly we're in with as good a shout as them I'd say which I would have gladly taken before the test.

If this was in England I'd say Australia are edging it. It's about even given it's in Oz I reckon.

Smith is the best Batsman playing on either side in my opinion, for the circumstances at least, he's a momentum changer. If he gets in Australia will have a real chance. I'm not convinced in the second innings that England will have someone who can do the same under scoreboard pressure.

If we get him out quickly we're in with as good a shout as them I'd say which I would have gladly taken before the test.
I think if we come away with a first innings lead, we've got enough in our lineup to make batting last a very uncomfortable prospect for the convicts. Knocking Smith over early tomorrow is absolutely crucial, he's the perfect batsman for this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back