That London

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm travelling down tonight for a couple of nights away. I'm staying in the city tomorrow night and I want to take the good lady for a drink / meal with a nice view of the city around tea time. I prefer to only have the one eye taken out cash wise if possible :)

So recommendations and advice if I need to book please. Obviously the less stabbings the better.

Somebody did recommend somewhere a couple of months ago on a random thread but I can't find it?

Unfortunately the oxo tower is on the South Bank and our lass isn't that type of girl ;)
Bit of ride out but I'd take the lady up to Alexander Palace in the afternoon, one of the best views over North London and the city.Then drop down to Banners in Crouch End for proper bait at realistic prices, you might even get to sit at the Bob Dylan table.

Boat down the river to Tower bridge and Hilton roof bar? Canny views on the boat on the way anarl

This, then eat somewhere without a view to save yourself a fortune.

Looks very nice but no spots in any of the 3 bars. The menu again is incredibly pretentious, unless you like oysters, partridge and the like :)

I don't mind pay a bit over the knocker but not for nouvelle cuisine or stuff me and her don't really like.

Looks very nice but no spots in any of the 3 bars. The menu again is incredibly pretentious, unless you like oysters, partridge and the like :)

I don't mind pay a bit over the knocker but not for nouvelle cuisine or stuff me and her don't really like.

You'll not find anywhere with a view then.

Try that pub opposite the Tate Modern? It's pricey but the view from the terrace is topper across the city.

I can't recommend Indigo at One in Aldwych highly enough. I'd go back anytime. The meal was delicious, decent selection of drinks and the staff are very good. (It is also entirely gluten free if anybody ever needs that requirement).

I can't recommend Indigo at One in Aldwych highly enough. I'd go back anytime. The meal was delicious, decent selection of drinks and the staff are very good. (It is also entirely gluten free if anybody ever needs that requirement).
Looks like it's shut until 9 April.

Did this one late last summer looking out over St Pauls in gorgeous sunset. Beers were pricy but someone else was paying and we didn't have food so couldn't comment on it, but it looked good the stuff they were bringing through

Looking For The Best View Of St Paul's Cathedral? Try This Roof Terrace

Cheers mate. That looks more like our type of thing. Basically the good lady like spicy food but basically chicken :)

I like all sorts but she's the boss ;)

London is full of foreigners, OP won’t like it

And tits, see above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back