That London

We ended up going to Tower 42, which is the old Nat West building apparently. The restuarant / bar is called Social 24, on floor 24. Great views of the Gherkin and a few other things. We had chicken salad off a very limited bar menu, with a side of duck fat chips (there was no fish and chips left :) ) and a drink each for £60. £6.50 for a half!

We then went up to the rooftop champagne bar, Vertigo 42 on floor 42. Brilliant and different views, The Shard and St Paul's etc. £22 for a couple of the cheaper drinks.

We then had a couple of more drinks in the Hoop and Grapes pub near our digs. A 400+ year old pub which survived the great fire of London. The good lady was very impressed as was I, great night.

We ended up going to Tower 42, which is the old Nat West building apparently. The restuarant / bar is called Social 24, on floor 24. Great views of the Gherkin and a few other things. We had chicken salad, with a side of duck fat chips (there was no fish and chips left :) ) and a drink each for £60. £6.50 for a half!

We then went up to the rooftop champagne bar, Vertigo 42 on floor 42. Brilliant and different views, The Shard and St Paul's etc. £22 for a couple of the cheaper drinks.

We then had a couple of more drinks in the Hoop and Grapes pub near our digs. A 400+ year old pub which survived the great fire of London. The good lady was very impressed as was I, great night.
Sounds like it was a good night out. Sometimes you just have to grin & bear it when the bill comes round, but it's not like you're doing that every night.

We ended up going to Tower 42, which is the old Nat West building apparently. The restuarant / bar is called Social 24, on floor 24. Great views of the Gherkin and a few other things. We had chicken salad of a very limited bar menu, with a side of duck fat chips (there was no fish and chips left :) ) and a drink each for £60. £6.50 for a half!

Do they only let you in if you have haemorrhoids?

Keith, sorry for the direct approach, are u the Keith i know? Hodgy and CM as mates. If so PM me! Easy to forget me like, but would love to get in touch with CM again for old times sake!

Keith, sorry for the direct approach, are u the Keith i know? Hodgy and CM as mates. If so PM me! Easy to forget me like, but would love to get in touch with CM again for old times sake!

I am mate, but your name doesn't give me much of a clue who you are :)

Both Hodgy and CM are on Facebook so you could get in touch that way. I've got phone numbers if you're not on FB.

Cheers.

Back