That London

You're going to pay regardless in London. Having said that we went to a show last time we were down (booked direct from the theatre as recommended on here :) ) and after we went in a restaurant just around the.corner based on trip advisor. We had 2 courses and a couple of drinks each for 50 notes and it was spot on.

A place called Cote on Tavistock Street near where Mama Mia was playing.
Very.reasonable for that there London.

You're going to pay regardless in London. Having said that we went to a show last time we were down in November (booked direct from the theatre as recommended on here :) ) and after we went in a restaurant just around the corner based on trip advisor. We had 2 courses and a couple of drinks each for 50 notes and it was spot on.

Cote’s just a chain like.

I'm travelling down tonight for a couple of nights away. I'm staying in the city tomorrow night and I want to take the good lady for a drink / meal with a nice view of the city around tea time. I prefer to only have the one eye taken out cash wise if possible :)

So recommendations and advice if I need to book please. Obviously the less stabbings the better.

Somebody did recommend somewhere a couple of months ago on a random thread but I can't find it?

Unfortunately the oxo tower is on the South Bank and our lass isn't that type of girl ;)
Surprise her and write her a love poem on a napkin to find next to her meal, while she is at the bog.

Just get some cheesy chips and blue pop and gan on the emirates sky thingy, get lashed on your savings when ya get off. Or just pay £2.50 ower the Dartford crossing, ye can see every building this side of Rsmsgate!

Do you mean you are staying in the City of London specifically, i.e the square mile? Some people say that when they mean the west end or central London generally. If so try taking the DLR for a ride through Docklands which is an impressive sight, no need to get off, to Greenwich, then the short train hop (abt 4 mins) up to London Bridge and you’ve got Tower Bridge and Tower of London within a short walk with plenty of places to eat round there eg in St Katherine’s Dock on the far side of the bridge or Shad Thames/Butlers Wharf on the near side.

You're going to pay regardless in London. Having said that we went to a show last time we were down in November (booked direct from the theatre as recommended on here :) ) and after we went in a restaurant just around the corner based on trip advisor. We had 2 courses and a couple of drinks each for 50 notes and it was spot on.

There's a cote on grainger Street now bought my mam and dad a restaurant voucher for Xmas - saved a train fare

It was a little place recommended on trip adviser iirc

2 courses and 2 drinks for 2 for 50 notes - special deal for anyone who eats in!

I stood on the street, brought up trip advisor and went to the best rated restaurant within a few hundred yards of where we were.

There wasn't a special on, that was just the price of the food and drink we had

I stood on the street, brought up trip advisor and went to the best rated restaurant within a few hundred yards of where we were.

There wasn't a special on, that was just the price of the food and drink we had
Did you fall asleep?

You can save queuing for whatever the Shard viewing deck experience thing is and just go to up to the bar a few floors below. Amazing views, have a drink and then head elsewhere for scran.

The various flat iron restaurants do a superb steak without breaking the bank.

Back