That attack on the Police in London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to get the army on the streets for a bit until we get a grip on the situation.

Typical lazy (non-forces) public sector parasites. Spend most their days counting their pensions rather than catching paedos IIRC.

I see the Federation chairman has suggested that public should get involved if they see the police struggling.
Interesting, as if they were a member of the public I don't doubt there'd be plenty people piling in but as it's the police there are people happy to whip out their phone and record instead.

What does that mean? What's due to cuts? Boris tried to look macho, bought the water cannon for £1/3m (?) then they were found to be illegal and now they've been scrapped! Are you saying the water cannon should be sent out to minor disturbances and the criminals hosed down? I'd be surprised if they would arrive within 24 hours - they've got to be in situ before use.

Boris bought them because they are an extremely useful tool as proven on the continent and in NI. Theresa May decided to turn public safety into a point scoring exercise yet again by refusing to licence them despite them being used very successfully in NI for decades. I wouldn’t even put it past her to have verbally agreed off the record to licence them and give the go ahead and then to pull that once they were bought, that is the level of the woman.

I see the Federation chairman has suggested that public should get involved if they see the police struggling.
Interesting, as if they were a member of the public I don't doubt there'd be plenty people piling in but as it's the police there are people happy to whip out their phone and record instead.

I doubt very much whether the c*nt recording it give a flying fuck and on the contrary seemed to find it all very amusing.

We live in strange times. There is outrage that a police officer is filmed being assaulted and there is a call for greater punishment and more discipline , However if an officer is filmed using even the slightest bit of force there will be equal outrage and calls for the officer to be sacked or even jailed.
Some might say we are getting the society we deserve.

We live in strange times. There is outrage that a police officer is filmed being assaulted and there is a call for greater punishment and more discipline , However if an officer is filmed using even the slightest bit of force there will be equal outrage and calls for the officer to be sacked or even jailed.
Some might say we are getting the society we deserve.
There are people who post on this board who would happily claim to not help a cop if they saw them getting assaulted.

Wattba, coppers getting a kicking and some absolute bell whiff thinks oh aye I'll video that. Coppers should have been out with the batons from the off and give the fuckers a few clips over the head

woman officer unable to assist in an arrest, again.

You’re right.

This is why I have reservations about women on the front line in the army, it’s all well and good being 200 yards away firing a rifle, but what happens in hand to hand combat? 9 times out of 10 the woman dies and that then endangers her fellow soldiers.

You’re right.

This is why I have reservations about women on the front line in the army, it’s all well and good being 200 yards away firing a rifle, but what happens in hand to hand combat? 9 times out of 10 the woman dies and that then endangers her fellow soldiers.
I suppose it could be argued the blokes look out for the women disproportionately and could put themselves in positions more dangerous than if they had another bloke alongside them fighting/ trying to control a fight in the case of coppers

Whilst I have every sympathy for the Police here, as they seem to be grossly underfunded don't they advise us NOT to be have a go heroes?

You’re right.

How often do the armed forces end up in hand to hand combat situations?
I presume it's been at least 10 times for females and 9 or more of them have died.

I can't recall reading about any of them.

You’re right.

A lad I used to work with was on Tumbledown during the Falklands. He said it ended with hand to hand combat with knives and bayonettes as they ran out of bullets.

Last edited:
How often do the armed forces end up in hand to hand combat situations?
I presume it's been at least 10 times for females and 9 or more of them have died.

I can't recall reading about any of them.

Okay then, I’ll take your word that hand to hand combat wouldn’t happen in a war. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back