That attack on the Police in London

He said resisting arrest - if he's putting up a struggle to be cuffed you can't just go up and wallop him in the dish. If he's given the copper a pasting...that's a different story...

Yes, it totally depends on the circumstances. For resisting arrest, he can't just punch you in the face - in fact, the police are trained to arrest without punching at all. I've seen them throw plenty of digs mind but they have to careful. One of the first questions a defence solicitor should ask is the manner of arrest.

Doesnt matter what the offence. Assault or resist. If it can be justified it can be used.

He said resisting arrest - if he's putting up a struggle to be cuffed you can't just go up and wallop him in the dish. If he's given the copper a pasting...that's a different story...

Yes, it totally depends on the circumstances. For resisting arrest, he can't just punch you in the face - in fact, the police are trained to arrest without punching at all. I've seen them throw plenty of digs mind but they have to careful. One of the first questions a defence solicitor should ask is the manner of arrest.

A resist can almost border on assault. Very fine line between. A cop getting dragged around holding onto cuffs whilst resisting arrest could have serious injuries caused. I would shake the hand of anyone who came to help in a situation like i described above who planted him one in the mouth so that the cop could be safe and arrest the male, inturn protecting anyone else. Would never be arrested.

In an ideal world the offence in common law of refusing to assist a police officer should be used more

Last edited:
My mate is local copper, he was off duty and got stuck in to help some officers that were struggling and got pepper sprayed.

I didn't go out that night but I wish I had :lol:

Of course. It has to be justifiable and necessary though. Section 117 of PACE and Section 3 of the criminal law act both legislate for it, there is also common law which allows a person to defend themselves and covers preemptive strikes. One of society’s problems is that too many people think the police can’t use force then are a bit upset when we do.

Load of bollocks from another one of the SMB armchair solicitors

One of the best quotes Ive ever read on here was when someone said a charver wouldnt dare walk in his local n tell someone to fuck off but wouldnt hesitate to do it to a copper. So true.
I couldnt be a copper, id just want to bray the scruffy useless twats day in day out.

The left/Liberals wanted this open border nonsense, London is now becoming a no go area, the Police covered up mass grooming gangs for fear of being called racists, it's coming around to bite them all in the arse, people have zero respect for the Police and are happy to walk on by as they get assaulted. It's sad to see how the mentally ill have ruined society in such a short time.

The left/Liberals wanted this open border nonsense, London is now becoming a no go area, the Police covered up mass grooming gangs for fear of being called racists, it's coming around to bite them all in the arse, people have zero respect for the Police and are happy to walk on by as they get assaulted. It's sad to see how the mentally ill have ruined society in such a short time.
London is not a go area man you fanny. Today (in London) I went to a circuit class in Greenwich Park, went home, went to the village to pick up a parcel, came home, had a nap, took the little one to the standard and went to the butcher, grocer and M&S. I've seen one ambulance with the blues on.

Seems the daily mail is winning.

Where in London is a no go area?

Back