Thailand - Christmas & New Year....

I think (not certain) they'll be pretty the same for a while now. They've been super cautious (despite being the first in SEA to open up). However depending on your destination I don't think a 6 hour hotel quarantine is too bad!

To be honest mate, after the flight, 6 hours in a room would be spot on, it's the worry of giving a positive result and having to isolate until a negative test, could spoil your whole holiday....You already need a pre-departure test, me and my wife are double jabbed, but still unsure if we'll chance it....

I understand the caution, but for me it might not be worth the risk....

If they take the second test out in the december announcement then I'll be on my way, if not we're off to Cuba....

To be honest mate, after the flight, 6 hours in a room would be spot on, it's the worry of giving a positive result and having to isolate until a negative test, could spoil your whole holiday....You already need a pre-departure test, me and my wife are double jabbed, but still unsure if we'll chance it....

I understand the caution, but for me it might not be worth the risk....

If they take the second test out in the december announcement then I'll be on my way, if not we're off to Cuba....
Totally understand that. Think it’s wise.
They hospitalise you here even if asymptomatic, and two weeks in a field hospital doesn’t seem too clever!

sacking bali off in the new year and off to see a lad in ko chang, for 3 weeks

place looks great. just need to find the irish bar

Krabi/ ao nang and or koh lanta recommended
Went with the mrs (no) and I’m not a perv
Well I might be but not in the ‘Thailand way’ 😂
Did Bangkok, koh lanta, koh phi phi, ao nang and back to Bangkok for koh san road before lockdown and it was class. Loved koh lanta, me and the mrs on a moped visiting different parts of the island. Couple of 50 yr olds partying on phi phi. I would go back in a shot

Does anyone remember a documentary, late 90s I think. And some lads from Sunderland went to Thailand looking for wives, of course that was just the plot of the show, it wasn't real.

Seems to be back on the radar now. Parents doing 3 month from end of January. Flights not as cheap as usual but not excessive.

Seems like they’ve decided to rebuild the economy on weed. Sold absolutely everywhere in Bangkok and Chiang Mai (well the tourist areas anyway).

I'm booked for Christmas this year now, Christmas in Krabi, New Year in Phuket, can't wait....
Where you staying on each?

We are planning on Going next Christmas for 3 weeks, potentially splitting time between Khao Lok, Phuket (Kamala) and Phi Phi/Krabi. Will be travelling with a 4 and 8 year old so want to do some but not too much travelling. Used to live in Samui for 3 years so love the place.

Where you staying on each?

We are planning on Going next Christmas for 3 weeks, potentially splitting time between Khao Lok, Phuket (Kamala) and Phi Phi/Krabi. Will be travelling with a 4 and 8 year old so want to do some but not too much travelling. Used to live in Samui for 3 years so love the place.

My wife booked them, so i'm not sure what it will be like for kids....

Stopping here in Krabi
Aonang Villa Resort | Beachfront Resort on Aonang Beach | Krabi Thailand

and here in Phuket
Access Resort & Villa

My wife booked them, so i'm not sure what it will be like for kids....

Stopping here in Krabi
Aonang Villa Resort | Beachfront Resort on Aonang Beach | Krabi Thailand

and here in Phuket
Access Resort & Villa

Ao Nang is great. One of my favourite places in Thailand. Wasn't so keen on Phuket (been to Patong and Karon) though.

What's the plan on getting from Ao Nang to Phuket? Best bet would be by boat with a stop-off on Phi-Phi. The road transfer isn't as much fun.

Ao Nang is great. One of my favourite places in Thailand. Wasn't so keen on Phuket (been to Patong and Karon) though.

What's the plan on getting from Ao Nang to Phuket? Best bet would be by boat with a stop-off on Phi-Phi. The road transfer isn't as much fun.

I have no plan yet, the boat trip looks like a good way to do it, cheers....
Room service in the Access looks superb. Best way for Chang to be delivered,by
Boat across the pool!
Aye looks class, looking forward to the swim up rooms....

Back