Thailand - Christmas & New Year....

Anyone spent Christmas and New Year in Thailand, looking at flying into Bangkok on the 22nd, have a few nights there then down to Hua Hin for the next 12 days....

Looking for advice from anyone who has done this, is there much to do, I know Thailand do not celebrate Christmas like us as it's not a Buddhist holiday, hoping the bars and restaurants still open and celebrate....

Any advice would be appriciated....
Get yourself to fisherman's village

Anyone spent Christmas and New Year in Thailand, looking at flying into Bangkok on the 22nd, have a few nights there then down to Hua Hin for the next 12 days....

Looking for advice from anyone who has done this, is there much to do, I know Thailand do not celebrate Christmas like us as it's not a Buddhist holiday, hoping the bars and restaurants still open and celebrate....

Every year for about 30 years, it's usually pretty busy, but it's being ripped apart by the current situation, have a look on YouTube, there's a lot of suffering going on, if you don't work, you don't eat. There's no help from the government to speak of, but there's a lot of foreigners trying their best to help out the locals with food donations.

Been there a few times for Christmas. Everywhere is usually busy but everything (bars, restaurants, etc) will be open as usual. Although Thai's don't celebrate it, anywhere there are tourists, there will be decorations up and plenty of celebrating. Don't know what it will be like this year. Restaurants and bars are still not allowed to serve alcohol as far as I am aware although they are talking of changing this by Christmas (may have happened already?). I think flights will be very expensive once they do start letting tourists back in.

Every year for about 30 years, it's usually pretty busy, but it's being ripped apart by the current situation, have a look on YouTube, there's a lot of suffering going on, if you don't work, you don't eat. There's no help from the government to speak of, but there's a lot of foreigners trying their best to help out the locals with food donations.

Yeah, I follow a number of Thailand YouYubers. Bangkok is doing OK, but the likes of Phuket, Koh Samui and Patong are like ghost towns.

Most of the lads commenting saying people are perverts are absolute belters. Think they fail to realise it’s one of the best countries to go back packing in the world. My friend literally went on he’s honeymoon there with he’s wife 🤣
People have said similar things to me about Prague, shows a lot of ignorance about great cities imo.

Most of the lads commenting saying people are perverts are absolute belters. Think they fail to realise it’s one of the best countries to go back packing in the world. My friend literally went on he’s honeymoon there with he’s wife 🤣

If you've never been further than Benidorm then Thailand is one of the easiest and safest countries to be more adventurous. It's just not as cheap as it was 15-20 years ago when I first went.

I now prefer Vietnam or Cambodia but still enjoy a couple of days in Bangkok as part of the tip. It really is one of the most interesting cities in the world.

I'd skip hua hin, get down to chum phon and get the cat over to koh Tao .

Dont miss visiting What Arun...absolutely fantastic.
Been Easter few times but never Christmas time, sorry.

Back