Thailand - Christmas & New Year....

Anyone spent Christmas and New Year in Thailand, looking at flying into Bangkok on the 22nd, have a few nights there then down to Hua Hin for the next 12 days....

Looking for advice from anyone who has done this, is there much to do, I know Thailand do not celebrate Christmas like us as it's not a Buddhist holiday, hoping the bars and restaurants still open and celebrate....

Any advice would be appriciated....

It would be, in my opinion, best to ask, if you will, one of the posters on here, of which there are many, who already reside in, what is often referred to as, THE KINGDOM.
I think, if I'm not mistaken....the man in question, may longer be, in this mortal realm.

Anyone spent Christmas and New Year in Thailand, looking at flying into Bangkok on the 22nd, have a few nights there then down to Hua Hin for the next 12 days....

Looking for advice from anyone who has done this, is there much to do, I know Thailand do not celebrate Christmas like us as it's not a Buddhist holiday, hoping the bars and restaurants still open and celebrate....

Went to koh pagnyang for a full moon party in 2019 NYE. Slept for 48 hours after! Would do it again in a heart beat!
Koh tao is the best place to go though in general for me!

Last edited:
I'm usually in Thailand or Vietnam at this time of year. Christmas and New Year is normally peak season over there

However these aren't normal times so I wouldn't yet be looking to go back as they still have a lot of travel restrictions and the economies in popular tourist destinations have been devestated. Maybe next year.

Logon or register to see this image

I was talking to a bar owner ( an Argentinian chap ) in Tenerife.
He was telling me often went to Bangkok - I asked why and his actual reply was

“ here , I m a baldy big nosed twat - in Thailand, I m feckin Brad Pitt”
I just feel desperately sorry for lasses who grow up in an environment in which the best of the limited options open to them are to have to lie down with “baldy big nosed twats”.
Saw a documentary in which rural farm workers sell their daughters to pimps, then go to the pimp for a loan and the daughter has to “work it off” on their behalf.

Back