Thailand - Christmas & New Year....

My wife booked them, so i'm not sure what it will be like for kids....

Stopping here in Krabi
Aonang Villa Resort | Beachfront Resort on Aonang Beach | Krabi Thailand

and here in Phuket
Access Resort & Villa
Can you fit a family of 4 in your suitcase please?!

Visited Ao Nang before Covid and it was amazing. Aw man I want to go back!! Have noticed your Phuket hotel before online and it looks wonderful. Will you let us know what its like and how you find the Christmas experience over there as a whole?

RIP I secretly loved the bloke, though we had countless arguments and I gave him loads of shit about living in Thailand

he started a thread once titled LURKER, PLEASE CLEAR YOUR ‘INBOX’ thought he was going to have a go at me

It was so he could swap curry recipes and ask for some tips on an authentic goan vindaloo!

Mad bastard

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience of travelling between Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi by boat and with kids? Looking to do this next year but think it could be a nightmare with 4 lots of bags/suitcases getting on/off ferries. I think the kids would like the experience but it’s the logistics and carting round of stuff that I see the problem. Cheers

Any other restaurant recomendations in Krabi, especially for Chrismas Day....
We stayed in Krabi 10 years ago, it was lovely.

We went to this restaurant one night with a table booked at sunset, and we rate it among the best meals we've ever had.

Cheers, not much of a seafood fan, but my wife is so we will definately give this a try

Does anyone have any experience of travelling between Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi by boat and with kids? Looking to do this next year but think it could be a nightmare with 4 lots of bags/suitcases getting on/off ferries. I think the kids would like the experience but it’s the logistics and carting round of stuff that I see the problem. Cheers
If its owt like the Cat to koh Tao it's ok but I wouldn't like to do it with young bairns that can't lug most of their own kit . The luggage ends up as a bit of a scrum but it is doable .

As I said, a few posts ago, there will be travel agents on every corner who can arrange everything for you including pick up and drop off at hotels. One of the best things about Thailand is that they are very setup for this kind of thing and anything is possible when there is a few Bhat to be made. Just be prepared to negotiate. You can either do Phi Phi as a daytime stopover or do an overnight there. Not a lot to do on the island in the evening but it's a different experience to during the day when the place is full of day trippers.

You just need to be aware that in Thailand (and SE Asia in general), nothing ever runs to time but getting there is always half the fun.

There are load of channels on YouTube from people travelling around Thailand.

As I said, a few posts ago, there will be travel agents on every corner who can arrange everything for you including pick up and drop off at hotels. One of the best things about Thailand is that they are very setup for this kind of thing and anything is possible when there is a few Bhat to be made. Just be prepared to negotiate. You can either do Phi Phi as a daytime stopover or do an overnight there. Not a lot to do on the island in the evening but it's a different experience to during the day when the place is full of day trippers.

You just need to be aware that in Thailand (and SE Asia in general), nothing ever runs to time but getting there is always half the fun.

There are load of channels on YouTube from people travelling around Thailand.
Thanks for that. Aye, I lived in Koh Samui for 3 years so know how things operate (or don’t!)

Was just wondering how easy it is to do a bit island hopping between Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi via ferry. Sounds a potential nightmare having to cart suitcases onto the ferry at Phuket, off again at Phi Phi and then the same at Krabi. I read that one ferry drop off at Krabi can’t get close to shore, so you have to walk in the sea with your luggage above your head! Not sure if true or not, but that wouldn’t be possible with 4 cases and 2 young kids!

Thanks for that. Aye, I lived in Koh Samui for 3 years so know how things operate (or don’t!)

Was just wondering how easy it is to do a bit island hopping between Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi via ferry. Sounds a potential nightmare having to cart suitcases onto the ferry at Phuket, off again at Phi Phi and then the same at Krabi. I read that one ferry drop off at Krabi can’t get close to shore, so you have to walk in the sea with your luggage above your head! Not sure if true or not, but that wouldn’t be possible with 4 cases and 2 young kids!

The small longtail boats from other beaches (such as Railay) do moor offshore at Ao Nang so you have to wade ashore but the bigger ferries go from a proper pier in Krabi Town (a taxi ride away) so I wouldn't worry about it. There are luggage storage facilities at the Phi-Phi pier if you are only going to be there for a few hours. Really it's no different to getting the boat from Samui to Surat Thani or Koh Phangan

The small longtail boats from other beaches (such as Railay) do moor offshore at Ao Nang so you have to wade ashore but the bigger ferries go from a proper pier in Krabi Town (a taxi ride away) so I wouldn't worry about it. There are luggage storage facilities at the Phi-Phi pier if you are only going to be there for a few hours. Really it's no different to getting the boat from Samui to Surat Thani or Koh Phangan
Nice one, cheers.

Did Koh Samui to Ko Tao on a speedboat circa 2017, didn’t realise how up and down it would be, me the the mrs and 40 Chinese shoe horned on, I hoyed all owa.

Was disappointed with Ko Pha ngan, my brother had been there 10 years and said how unspoilt it was at mushroom beach for a ‘special’ milkshake, at the top of the island turned up and it was a building site for hotels.

Back