Testing on animals

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Are you for or against?

I'm against, they should find other ways to test things that will benefit the human race. I don't mind them testing on wasps though.
I’ve said it before so al say it again.
Test stuff out on peados. To earn the right to a tv ‘cancer drugs’ for a meal ‘sprayed with perfume in the eyes’
It adds up lads and lasses. Get a little bit back as to me they fall well below the animals in terms of rights.

I’ve said it before so al say it again.
Test stuff out on peados. To earn the right to a tv ‘cancer drugs’ for a meal ‘sprayed with perfume in the eyes’
It adds up lads and lasses. Get a little bit back as to me they fall well below the animals in terms of rights.

As stated above. Scientifically pointless so who actually benefits?

It’s a good point. The majority of animals used in medical testing are fruit flies and nematode worms.

Then zebrafish are another major one.

Most would think nothing of swatting a fly in their house or guzzling a cod on a Friday night despite not needing to .
Suppose it depends what people mean. Flies and worms etc will be used predominantly in researching fundamentals, but testing of drugs etc. will be on mice/rats.

Also, swatting flies sits better with people than forcing them to grow legs out of their eyes ;)

Anyone who murders children shouldn’t have rights but that’s a seperate debate.

So testing on a hamster or a rabbit is more accurate than a human because you don’t know how they’ve lived? Give them a full medical check first ( sure it’s easy enough to check the medical records).
The rabbits/mice will be bred to be identical / have certain genes and traits.

Last edited:
So testing cancer drugs on prisoners with cancer is pointless? Not a dig or being sarcastic mind.

More or less, aye.

Would depend on what you were testing.

Could test an array of imaging and diagnostic techniques.

Could also test lots of new drugs.

Certainly wouldn't replace animal testing, would just be an extra.

You’re just moving on to a new argument there though. Stick with it marra.

The general public having their bloodlust satiated.

Well the public should get a f***ing grip iirc.

Back