Testing on animals

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Do you consider yourself on a par with pond life?
;)

:lol::lol: again in the grand scheme of things.

The same people who are furious with people killing elephants and Rhino's will happily kill a harmelss spider when it runs across their livingroom. Animal testing is wrong IMO but I understand that it has saved lives. I like to remain oblivious to it.

I take it you've never knowingly harmed a fly/spider/moth or anything like that in any way?

Nope.. Takes 30 seconds to remove them from the house without any bother.

Curing cancer - yes
Making eye shadow - not so much.

this

cosmetics can get fucked
medicine needs to be explored for the greater good

Genuine question..

If we can test things on chimps in the name of medical science then why cant we do it on humans? Is it because a chimp cant say no?

if people are willing to volunteer to take the place of the chimp then they can crack on

people who say they are against animal testing on animals but are happy to use the end result...wrong uns

Last edited:
Genuine question..

If we can test things on chimps in the name of medical science then why cant we do it on humans? Is it because a chimp cant say no?

Because, generally speaking, we value human life above animal life. We'd rather an animal died than a human. I can understand people not liking that but that's the reason we often test on animals first (pre-clinical trials) before moving onto human testing (Phase 0 to Phase IV).

If its ok to test on animals then whats the issue with testing on humans? I'm not sure at which point we thought we were better than everything else.
The moment we controlled the rest of the world. We call the shots as the alpha species.

I’m for animal testing and I’m for human testing. At least the humans can be paid or rewarded for volunteering, the animal has no choice

Do you consider yourself better than a fruit fly?

It’s a good point. The majority of animals used in medical testing are fruit flies and nematode worms.

Then zebrafish are another major one.

Most would think nothing of swatting a fly in their house or guzzling a cod on a Friday night despite not needing to for survival.

Should test on criminals convicted of horrendous crimes.

I would have no issue if they'd of tested on Myra Hindley and Ian Brady

The medical community would have a problem given the total lack of control you have over testing on people who have lived to adulthood in totally unknown circumstances.

That’s why it’s a totally f***ing stupid idea, before the human rights issues come into play.

Back