Tested positive today .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live on my own

just done another test and its 95/96 so looking better.

cheers for all the help and advice.
Just keep an eye on it. If I’ve had a bit of a coughing fit mine drops quite a bit then after a minute picks back up. No idea if that’s normal or not, but I’m still here 😂

Even if you feel ill but not ill enough for A&E, urgent care will sort out transport for you.

Last edited:

I live on my own

Take deep breaths while you do it mate. Will boost it up a little. Don't piss around if you're feeling ill and goes below 92, though. We've had a shit week, both the Mrs parents are in hospital with it now.

I live on my own

Get well soon mate, hope you are soon "strumming" (your guitar!)
I've learnt summat from this thread - that oxygen level stuff, Christ 92 (999), 93-94 (111), 95-100 (ok). Not much percentage difference between "spot on" and death's door!!

I just knew on Wednesday
I was burning up chest and back ,hacky chesty cough
So i got tested in a walk through at the back of the Isis on thurs.
Got a text this morning to say it was positive.
Last night trying to sleep was a nighmare really burning up ,as soon as i pulled the blankets off i went into teeth shattering cold , waking up every 20 mins for a drink of water ,in the last 48hrs i've had a bowl of tomato soup with chillie flakes added,tasted like warm dish watter ,so tastes gone as well.
All i'm doing is drinking water and para's every 6 hrs.
How old are you & have you had a jab? (I'm guessing not)

Our lass got her result back today..sadly positive. I didn't feel well enough to do mine as I've felt shit for over a week. I'm doing mine tomorrow, bet its positive!

Last edited:
Same symptoms as me. My Mrs said I didnt sleep well but I cant remember any of it. My fever was sky high and I must have been out of it. Took me about 6 or 7 days before being strong enough to get out of bed and get some fresh air at the front door.

Get well soon mate, hope you are soon "strumming" (your guitar!)
I've learnt summat from this thread - that oxygen level stuff, Christ 92 (999), 93-94 (111), 95-100 (ok). Not much percentage difference between "spot on" and death's door!!
Yep. Anyone coming down with this should get straight onto Amazon or wherever and get an oximeter for £20. I know some phone's have them on an app - mine's supposed to but I couldn't get it to work. Probs best to have the real thing for a more quick and reliable reading.
I live on my own

That's good marra.

Any trips to the bog or up/downstairs or owt like that, if you feel yourself getting breathless, keep an eye on it and don't be afraid to get onto the hospital. And as you're on your phone keep your phone with you as well, just in case.

To all those with it or with friends/family with I hope everyone's better soon.

Last edited:
I got up 13.30 not any worse so i'll take that ,massive rash from the top of my chest to bottom of my stomach ,put some e45 on ,( could be a sweat rash ?)
I was burning up all through the night waking every 30 mins for a drink of water , this seems the norm now nightime and sleeping are 100% the worst times.

Couple of my mates ring every day to check up on me and see if i need anything so thats good .

I can't breathe through my nose so breathing through my mouth, so after 30 mins the roof of my mouth and throat are like Ghandis flip flop .

oxygen stats ok 95 , ive been told to be upright seated or standing when you do it as leaning back on a settee or lying on your back gives you a false reading ,
Not hungry but going outside to sit in the garden for 30 mins .
I can see how people who've had it can easily sleep through the 10 days.
can't believe how weak it makes you feel.

I got up 13.30 not any worse so i'll take that ,massive rash from the top of my chest to bottom of my stomach ,put some e45 on ,( could be a sweat rash ?)
I was burning up all through the night waking every 30 mins for a drink of water , this seems the norm now nightime and sleeping are 100% the worst times.

Couple of my mates ring every day to check up on me and see if i need anything so thats good .

Good luck mate, kick it’s arse

I can't breathe through my nose so breathing through my mouth, so after 30 mins the roof of my mouth and throat are like Ghandis flip flop .

oxygen stats ok 95 , ive been told to be upright seated or standing when you do it as leaning back on a settee or lying on your back gives you a false reading ,

if you feel like a sleep do it, the exhaustion was a nightmare for me for weeks. Just keep a close eye on sats & temperature and get advice asap if worried about either. Take care

Just got a text to book my jab , i'm 55 asmatic and high bloodpressure .
Im currently on day 5 ,Thing is if i'm ok on day 10 should i wait a week or so ?

I can't see it being healthy if day 10 i'm out and day 11 i'm getting a jab .
Went to gov website , nothing , rang 111, 1 hr ago still on hold .
just wondered if anyone had experienced similar ?

cheers for all wellwishes

Im currently on day 5 ,Thing is if i'm ok on day 10 should i wait a week or so ?

It says 28 days after testing positive here

Should people who have already had COVID-19 get vaccinated?
You can have the vaccine 28 days after you had a positive test for COVID-19 or 28 days after your symptoms started, so you may need to wait.

Last edited:

Get well soon guitar man, take it easy xx

You should be drinking fluids but not just plain water all the time.

Other fluids which are good options during cold and flu infection include:
  • Juice;
  • Ginger ale;
  • Herbal tea;
  • Honey and lemon tea – mix lemon and honey with a cup of hot water;
  • Broth;
  • Ginger tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back