Tested positive today .

Guitar Man

Midfield
I just knew on Wednesday
I was burning up chest and back ,hacky chesty cough
So i got tested in a walk through at the back of the Isis on thurs.
Got a text this morning to say it was positive.
Last night trying to sleep was a nighmare really burning up ,as soon as i pulled the blankets off i went into teeth shattering cold , waking up every 20 mins for a drink of water ,in the last 48hrs i've had a bowl of tomato soup with chillie flakes added,tasted like warm dish watter ,so tastes gone as well.
All i'm doing is drinking water and para's every 6 hrs.

I tested positive in October had most of symptoms you have. Did not lose sense of taste. Slept for most of first 7 days and took paracetamol and drank plenty of water. Started to feel better from day 8. Make sure you get plenty of sleep. Hope you feel better soon

I could not sleep for three days. Had an hours sleep here and there. Had no food and could not keep water down. Affects people differently.
Tough it out mate.

Get well soon marra. Don’t be scared to give 111 or your GP a bell if you’re really not feeling right.

I could not sleep for three days. Had an hours sleep here and there. Had no food and could not keep water down. Affects people differently.
Tough it out mate.
I dozed off about 2300, coughed and woke myself up, now wide awake 🙄 had 2 hours sleep on Wed night (couple in the afternoon as well), however slept about 11 hours Thursday night and had an afternoon nap!

On the positive side of things, I have discovered gargling Alka Seltzer does wonders for a sore throat.

Get well soon marra. Don’t be scared to give 111 or your GP a bell if you’re really not feeling right.

I dozed off about 2300, coughed and woke myself up, now wide awake 🙄 had 2 hours sleep on Wed night (couple in the afternoon as well), however slept about 11 hours Thursday night and had an afternoon nap!

On the positive side of things, I have discovered gargling Alka Seltzer does wonders for a sore throat.
I was glad I could not sleep. I was bringing huge amounts of phlegm up. Not sure what would have happend had my body allowed me to sleep. I trusted my body on that one.
Basically for the first three days I just sat up in bed, stared into space and took was was coming. Affects people differently but I could not eat and barely touched a drink. My sore throat came in around day four. Horrendous

Mine was ok symptom-wise, no really high temps or bad cough, just fatigue, hit the wall completely for 5 days, never felt so drained in my life. I slept solid for 14 hours one day, then got up expecting to feel loads better, but was straight back to kip for another solid 12 hours, same for 5 days, then slowly pulled out of it. That was November, and haven't had a proper nights sleep since. Maximum 2-3 hours at a time, then wide awake for hours on end. Its a weird virus like, good luck to OP.

Thanks for all the well wishes and tips , feel no worse but no better so i will take that .

My mate dropped a oximeter off on my doorstep today for my oxygen levels
tried it and im 93/94 looked on the websites and conflicting figures but i think the norm is 95 and if it goes below 90 then ring a@e

watched the match happy days

slept on the settee for a couple of hrs

going to watch the sunderland lad box for the title at 10.30 then off to bed

Thanks for all the well wishes and tips , feel no worse but no better so i will take that .

tried it and im 93/94 looked on the websites and conflicting figures but i think the norm is 95 and if it goes below 90 then ring a@e

normal is usually 95-100, if it gets to 93 or 94 ring 111, if its 92 or lower a&e / 999

Have a low threshold for getting help & stay safe fella

I’d be concerned if it was me and 93 was showing. As @Gaz said I’d give 111 a bell. Are you on your own?

Good luck. Daughter said if level is below 95 get assistance.

Never knew and never would have even thought to check that it feeling bad.
Edit - under 94

Last edited:

Back