Tested positive today .

***just had a phone call from111 and they say 28 days after you have NO symptoms***

who do i believe ?
The experts mate, 28 days after you’re through the 10 days. I’m positive and free on Friday but will then have to wait 28 days for the vax.

The experts mate, 28 days after you’re through the 10 days. I’m positive and free on Friday but will then have to wait 28 days for the vax.
She did say if you still have symptoms after 10 days you have to wait till you are symptom free,then count the 28 days.

She did say if you still have symptoms after 10 days you have to wait till you are symptom free,then count the 28 days.
I got my jab on Friday, they asked a few questions beforehand.
I.i.r.c one was positive test within 7 days, any symptoms in the last 28 days, any reactions etc.
They must do it for a reason, don't know if your reaction will be worse.

***update***
i thought i had levelled out and on the way to recovery ( my last day is supposed to be this friday)

day time feel weak but ok no appetite no burning up.

but come 8.00 every night its like a switch i just start burning up ,had 1 slice of toast dinnertime and just had some ice cream to try and cool me down temp 37.9
oxigen level is 95 never felt anything like this i'm 6'4 about 1 stone overweight ,and its just flattened me.

Basically just a heads up to anyone who knows someone with it or have it to keep a look out for signs of a dip.

***update***
i thought i had levelled out and on the way to recovery ( my last day is supposed to be this friday)

but come 8.00 every night its like a switch i just start burning up ,had 1 slice of toast dinnertime and just had some ice cream to try and cool me down temp 37.9
oxigen level is 95 never felt anything like this i'm 6'4 about 1 stone overweight ,and its just flattened me.

Basically just a heads up to anyone who knows someone with it or have it to keep a look out for signs of a dip.

My lasses dad is on a ventilator, my lasses mam is on 10 litres of oxygen. Both been in hospital for a week. If you can't eat try to drink high calorie fluids. It's a horrible virus. Look after yourself mate.

***update***

Bless you, keep keeping us updated and keep looking after yourself @Guitar Man x

***update***

Lots of people seem to think they're on the mend and then take a bad turn. Hope you pull 'round soon marra.

I just knew on Wednesday
I was burning up chest and back ,hacky chesty cough
So i got tested in a walk through at the back of the Isis on thurs.
Got a text this morning to say it was positive.
Last night trying to sleep was a nighmare really burning up ,as soon as i pulled the blankets off i went into teeth shattering cold , waking up every 20 mins for a drink of water ,in the last 48hrs i've had a bowl of tomato soup with chillie flakes added,tasted like warm dish watter ,so tastes gone as well.
All i'm doing is drinking water and para's every 6 hrs.

And stay positive. With luck you are young. You will soon pull through.

I am thinking of you. We are all thinking of you. Get well soon mate.

***update***

So long as you don’t feel any worse you should start to feel better soon. If you do start to feel worse then it might be worth getting checked out. Phone your GP just to get his opinion and to get it on record. If your oxygen drops either phone 999 or get someone to take you to A&E. But definitely contact your GP now.

***update***

take care. It doesn’t seem unusual to have a dip, forget about the 10 or 14 days etc. and just do what your body tells you while keeping an eye on temp & sats

My symptoms were very mild but having completed my 10 days isolation on Friday my appetite has gone. I can still taste and smell. Anybody on here had this symptom and has it come back?

Hope you're feeling better today @Guitar Man ? Top tip: ice cream is full of sugar so whilst refreshing in the mouth, won't cool your body down. Bizarrely hot drinks work better (without sugar) - have a brew and get will soon

How are you doing @Guitar Man ?
Not a prolific poster, but not been on since Wednesday. Wonder if any knows him outside of here?
My symptoms were very mild but having completed my 10 days isolation on Friday my appetite has gone. I can still taste and smell. Anybody on here had this symptom and has it come back?
I’ve had the odd day where my appetite has gone. Also have days where I have a proper sweet tooth. Gone about 20 years without buying sweets and now I’m loving them 😂

Last edited:

Back