Tesla Motors...

Somebody above has said you can get them for £500 a month and £5k deposit which sounds about right. That’s not an inconceivable amount of money. That must be 8k miles over 3 years minimum and no maintenance.

Thinking about it, my new (company) car is £700 a month on BCH including contract hire. Thankfully I’m not paying it but I also do high mileage and can’t have a Tesla.
Basically renting it for a bit and let’s be honest the allowed mileage and all the other things would constantly have you wondering when to use it, still coughing up the best part of 25k like :lol:

Somebody above has said you can get them for £500 a month and £5k deposit which sounds about right. That’s not an inconceivable amount of money. That must be 8k miles over 3 years minimum and no maintenance.

Thinking about it, my new (company) car is £700 a month on BCH including contract hire. Thankfully I’m not paying it but I also do high mileage and can’t have a Tesla.
Including maintenance sorry.

Crazy money.

Oh aye, and is the driving experience 20k better than a cheap 5k car you own that does the same job
It is but as an owner of shitboxes for the thick end of 20 years I’d happily drive cheaper and / or older.

I have to have a certain make of car for my job which makes it expensive.

I asked for a quote for a 3 and an X from NHS leasing and they couldn't even return a quote for either. Depending how they develop think my next car will probably be full electric.

It is but as an owner of shitboxes for the thick end of 20 years I’d happily drive cheaper and / or older.

I have to have a certain make of car for my job which makes it expensive.
Look at it this way, choice wise if someone said here’s 20k and a 5k car or you can have a rent of a Tesla most normal folk wouldn’t think twice....as for yours if you have to have a certain car that’s fine as there’s no way round it

Tesla will be bust within 5 years. They're swamped with debt, the reliability of their cars is at best shambolic and charging $1000 for a new wing mirror is nothing short of daylight robbery. A fool and their money are easily parted as they say.

Tesla are now the highest value car manufacturer in US history, with a market cap of over $88 billion.

They make the best electric cars in the world and I’d have one ahead of a BMW, Merc, Audi etc any day. Electric cars are the future, I’ve already ordered mine, though sadly it isn’t a Tesla.

Absolutely no way will Tesla go bust in the next five years. They’re pioneers of where cars are going.

They make the best electric cars in the world and I’d have one ahead of a BMW, Merc, Audi etc any day. Electric cars are the future, I’ve already ordered mine, though sadly it isn’t a Tesla.

Absolutely no way will Tesla go bust in the next five years. They’re pioneers of where cars are going.

What have you ordered, i'm due a new car this year and been looking towards Tesla or something else electric / hybrid

I’ve had an X for 18 months now and I absolutely love it. If you do the right deal on it then they are not stupidly expensive - you can get a guaranteed buy back value of 60% after 4 years (my last Audi lost 80% over 4 years). Free supercharging for the life of the car and very low insurance costs (£350 / yr fully comp.).

I regularly drive it from the midlands to the SOL with one charging stop at Grantham on the way up and Scotch Corner on the way home. Also regularly go to Toulouse in it using the A20 supercharger network through France.

I’ve had an X for 18 months now and I absolutely love it. If you do the right deal on it then they are not stupidly expensive - you can get a guaranteed buy back value of 60% after 4 years (my last Audi lost 80% over 4 years). Free supercharging for the life of the car and very low insurance costs (£350 / yr fully comp.).

I regularly drive it from the midlands to the SOL with one charging stop at Grantham on the way up and Scotch Corner on the way home. Also regularly go to Toulouse in it using the A20 supercharger network through France.
Where do you find these options

What have you ordered, i'm due a new car this year and been looking towards Tesla or something else electric / hybrid

Tesla are quite honestly superb cars, but most reviews seem to suggest the Jaguar I-Pace and Audi E-Tron are very competent alternatives. The E-Golf is a canny car also but the range is limited.

I did think about getting a 3 Series hybrid but the electric range is a shocking 25 miles and the petrol MPG is a woeful 37.

@Joe Public has a Model 3 iirc, so if you want to go down that route he is the man to ask. I find the interior of the 3 to be VERY disconcerting though...it’s a steering wheel and a screen. That’s pretty much it!

Not quite :lol:

Tesla are quite honestly superb cars, but most reviews seem to suggest the Jaguar I-Pace and Audi E-Tron are very competent alternatives. The E-Golf is a canny car also but the range is limited.

I did think about getting a 3 Series hybrid but the electric range is a shocking 25 miles and the petrol MPG is a woeful 37.

@Joe Public has a Model 3 iirc, so if you want to go down that route he is the man to ask. I find the interior of the 3 to be VERY disconcerting though...it’s a steering wheel and a screen. That’s pretty much it!

Not quite :lol:
.. I know someone who had Tesla and now has an E-Tron. The Tesla was one down from the insane one, but was still felt like being in jet. Only been a passenger on a few occasions but not yet in the E-Tron. The E-Tron looks supurb, a big car and you only get about 200 miles from a full charge. Think they charge in about 20 mins though ..

.. I'd get a Mustang if I could aford it :lol: ..

.. I know someone who had Tesla and now has an E-Tron. The Tesla was one down from the insane one, but was still felt like being in jet. Only been a passenger on a few occasions but not yet in the E-Tron. The E-Tron looks supurb, a big car and you only get about 200 miles from a full charge. Think they charge in about 20 mins though ..

.. I'd get a Mustang if I could aford it :lol: ..

I’m a big fan of the Mustang. Wasn’t eligible for the Tesla unfortunately.

Haven’t even seen an E Tron in the wild yet! Seems daft to say it but at 5.5 0-60 it seems slow :lol:

Last edited:

Back