Tesla Motors...

Some of the hybrids have an 80+ litre fuel tank. So with that in mind you could probably expect a range of 350-400 miles on its ICE.

The 20 mile real life range on electric only is perfect in most cases if you had a charger at home, work. That should cover most people for the commute and school runs.

The best pure electric vehicle I thought works is the small Honda they’ve just released. It’s range is short enough that it’ll be used as intended. For the everyday consecutive short journeys and recharge overnight. It has the benefit that it looks great too.

A Tesla in comparison seems to do everything with limitations and nothing particularly well. It also looks like playmobil took a hammer to a mondeo.

If you look at what Tesla has achieved then once the big players in the automotive market really crack electric vehicles it’ll work as it should, but this is a good few years away. I think Tesla have made noises themselves that their future is in battery development. Not vehicles.

I agree that electric cars at the moment are most suited to Localised trips / commuting - one of the reasons I’m looking to get rid of my Diesel car particularly as it’s bad for the environment and kids. Debate is whether replacing it with an electric car is worth it as they are expensive and renting is just giving Money away. We don’t do many lo journeys maybe 250 mile round trip max so should work of if we can charge the car when we arrive at a destination.

My only other concern with hybrids is the maintenance cost of having both an electric and ice engine. Perhaps there is little more maintenance and upkeep involved.

I think if I made the move it would be to full electric rather than hybrid at the moment.

I agree that electric cars at the moment are most suited to Localised trips / commuting - one of the reasons I’m looking to get rid of my Diesel car particularly as it’s bad for the environment and kids. Debate is whether replacing it with an electric car is worth it as they are expensive and renting is just giving Money away. We don’t do many lo journeys maybe 250 mile round trip max so should work of if we can charge the car when we arrive at a destination.

My only other concern with hybrids is the maintenance cost of having both an electric and ice engine. Perhaps there is little more maintenance and upkeep involved.

I think if I made the move it would be to full electric rather than hybrid at the moment.

I’d go small petrol engine hybrid. If it’s new, it’ll have a warranty and a service package can very easily be put in place for it. Then you’re good. The battery’s degrade over time anyway so you wouldn’t want to keep the car long term.

Give me a PM if you want to look at a home charging setup. One of my companies does renewable energy but we are also accredited with Tesla for its Powerwall. A half dozen solar panels with vehicle charging point and a storage battery will get you set up at home for free charging to tootle around town on. If it were me, I’d factor that into my decision whether to buy any electric vehicle. It’s going to cost you however you decide to charge it.

I can offer you an SMB discount on a home setup.

Has a market worth more than 7 biggest car producers in the world combined..

Some investors going to be very disappointed with Thier returns .

That first mover market share isn't really happened and the others have pretty much caught up...

Licensed technology the future for them.

That first mover market share isn't really happened and the others have pretty much caught up...

Merry Christmas Epps 😂 Strange thread to be bumping today 😂

Apple are aiming to launch theirs in 2024, game changer

Back